Greetings, Namaste, Slainte

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Frog&Lotus

Greetings, Namaste, Slainte

Post by Frog&Lotus »

:yinyang: to your good health, deep wisdom and wild gratitude; to the liberation of freedom and exhalation of peace, salutations and a bow to the god in you as the god in me :yinyang:

I'm a poet and writer - non-fiction narratives for art, banal content for profit -, 29, Edinburgh based. I've been exploring Buddhism on an intellectual and practical level for just over 10 years. Had the pleasure of dallying with some of the counterculture kings and queens through the dubious virtue of online exchange before heading to Samye Ling and her sister organisations for three years of studying with Tibetans, would-be Tibetans, quasi-Tibetans, Saints and Cretans, then off to India to explore the culture my fiancee grew up in.

I'm one half-mad, and have had to rent out the other half to pay rent; life-time student, recalcitrant philosopher and existential apocalypse survivor (some may question this latter claim).

Currently doing my small part to ensure the completion of several media projects at World Dharma Publications.

Curious about the community here, and the information shared. Looking forward to lurking around for a while.

:namaste:
"Submissive to everything, open, listening; be in love with yr life, something that you feel will find its own form - be crazy dumbsaint of the mind" ~ Jack Kerouac
Namgyal

Re: Greetings, Namaste, Slainte

Post by Namgyal »

Ceud mile failte :hi:
lobster

Post by lobster »

Don't lurk :thanks:

Be interested to hear of your non mad, non god, curiosity sated understanding. :woohoo:

:anjali:

Personally need all the help available for those offering more than presence :thanks:

:hi:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
amberana

Post by amberana »

very nice post
amber
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Frog&Lotus wrote:...for three years of studying with Tibetans, would-be Tibetans, quasi-Tibetans, Saints and Cretans...
Cretans or cretins? I know that many times they are indistinguishable but... :tongue:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
mandala

Post by mandala »

Hi Frog&Lotus (do you have a preference, which one do you want to be?)

That's some resume you got there - hello and welcome!

:smile:
Frog&Lotus

Post by Frog&Lotus »

Hello all, and thanks for your warm welcomes.

I can't even claim to have been lurking, unfortunately, as I've been too involved in various projects and studies. I'll remedy that over the next couple of weeks as I peruse the forum.

Until soon,

Frog
"Submissive to everything, open, listening; be in love with yr life, something that you feel will find its own form - be crazy dumbsaint of the mind" ~ Jack Kerouac
lobster

Post by lobster »

Return to “Introductions”