The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
sinweiy

Re: Namo Amituofo recitation

Post by sinweiy »

can try just Amituofo. :smile:
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

not that one cannot recite both, but just FYI.
"Namo" is a form of Reverence or homage to Amitabha Buddha. it can be recited more in a form of respect, formality for beginners, or in masses where there are mixed categorise. for those who had already established a deep realationship with Amitabha Buddha, one can no need be so formal just like an old friend, you can forsake the "politeness" per se.
there was a Patriach who introduce people to recite Namo Amituofo, but he himself recited Amituofo, and people ask him why. his answer was that his purpose is to recite to go to pureland, whereas the others did not have the aspiration yet.
:smile:
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
Kris

Post by Kris »

The switch to just Amituofo has been profound.
its much more focused and mindful.
maybe i'll make a video to show how fluid and deep just Amituofo can be. its fun making videos, its just for fun and not to show off but to give some insight into my PL practice, which may inspire or encourage people.
Thank you for recommending this practice.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
lobster

Post by lobster »

:twothumbsup:

On my ipod I have an app that chants amitabha, your version seems more Japanese but they are both Pureland?

Thanks for sharing :twothumbsup:
Tree

Post by Tree »

Thanks for sharing. Great video. I prefer to meditate in darker rooms too. If there is too much light it's distracting.

Return to “Pure Land”