Wonderful Sutra recitation! :twothumbsup: :thumbsup: :namaste:
Amituofo
nice voice! bit of goosebumps
I listen to it all, together with the text:
Amitabha Sutra
Translated into Chinese by Tripitaka Master Kumarajiva
Translated from Chinese into English by J.C. Cleary
http://buddhasutra.com/files/amidasutra.htm

what Buddha name will we all be called when we become Buddhas?
Buddha "Wonderful Sound" :thumbsup:

Amitabha Sutra recitation are what some PL monks or nuns or praxis do, to any person who's at their death bed, as a comfort, mind calming and or reminder. expounding Amitabha Sutra to them bring them comfort and they may even develop faith at the spot and Amitabha will also come and fetch them.
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Re: Amitabha Sutra recitation in english video

Post by Admin_PC »

Great job!
I get tripped up on the Indian names, but you got through them well.
I know a lot of Mahayana practitioners recite this sutra as part of their evening service/practice session.
black_tea

Post by black_tea »

I'm really glad this video was posted -- it reminded me that I really like chanting sutras (when I make it to the nonsectarian dharma center near me, my fave part is when everybody chants the Heart Sutra). It just somehow didn't occur to me to try chanting the Pure Land sutras. Are there particular sections of the sutras that people tend to chant? I always read lots about nembutsu, but not so much about sutra chanting.
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

i used to chant it (the chinese version) every morning while going to work. my most favourite Sutra. very soothing. now become just Amitabha name, a bit lazy of me. either impermanence or retrogression.. :tongue:

when one practice for a long time, it's difficult to keep it up, as warn by a senior of mine. it's a issue - keeping the zest. :thinking:
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

sinweiy wrote: Amitabha Sutra recitation are what some PL monks or nuns or praxis do, to any person who's at their death bed, as a comfort, mind calming and or reminder. expounding Amitabha Sutra to them bring them comfort and they may even develop faith at the spot and Amitabha will also come and fetch them.
MCK: The number one merit in the world is to help another person attained Buddhahood! when they become a Buddha, they will not be ungrateful. they will surely come back to help you. :smile:
'Great Kindness' Bodhisattva 大慈菩萨 mentioned that if one can help two person achieved non-retrogression rebirth in Amitabha PL to become a Buddha, it's merit is greater than the merit of one's cultivation. if one can help over ten person rebirth in Amitabha PL to achieve Buddhahood, it's merit is boundless and limitless.
if one can help 100 person rebirth in PL to achieve Buddhahood, then one is already a bodhisattva. if one can help over 10000 person achieve Buddhahood, then one is the emanation of Amitabha Himself.

(CN ref: http://www.xuefo.net/nr/article4/43172.html)
_/\_
Amituofo!

Return to “Pure Land”