Direct Transmission of Dzogchen

Mikeliegler

Direct Transmission of Dzogchen

Post by Mikeliegler »

I'm at lost as to where I'm going to find a Dzogchen Master in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to recieve the Direct Transmission of Dzogchen. I'm disabled and house bound so I do very little traveling. Can someone suggest something in my case?

:group:

Thank You Very Kindly

Mike
ratna

Re: Direct Transmission of Dzogchen

Post by ratna »

You can tune in to http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast on April 19-21 (times TBA, most likely Friday evening and 10am-12 the next days, Peru time).

R
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

ratna wrote:You can tune in to http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast on April 19-21 (times TBA, most likely Friday evening and 10am-12 the next days, Peru time).

R

Thank you so much. I'm a newbie at all this and webcast are a first for me. Can we receive Direct Transmission of
Dzogchen from a webcast? Also,
if I can't see this webcast live can I download it or record it somehow? :popcorn:
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you so much. I'm a newbie at all this and webcast are a first for me. Can we receive Direct Transmission of
Dzogchen from a webcast? Also,
You can receive direct transmission during the webcast at the moment Rinpoche gives it.
Mikeliegler wrote:if I can't see this webcast live can I download it or record it somehow?
Transmission happens live, thats the best way to do it.
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Hey Mike,

The way it works with the Dzogchen Community is that ChNN will give you a direct introduction to your natural state via live webcast. He will also transmit certain practices for enhancing this experience or even bringing it out later should you fail to recognize during the introduction. The main practice is Ati Guru Yoga, which is a simple and effictive method that you can really do anywhere. Given the way things are in the Buddhist world, this is probably your best bet for recieving "dzogchen transmission," even if you weren't housebound. I am not saying this is a bad thing, it is just that more traditional teachers usually prescribe a series of foundational practices before you are introduced to rigpa. It is my belief that these practices are necessary for everyone to some extent. But that doesn't mean that the way dzogchen is practiced or presented in the Dzogchen Community is not valid or effective. You will be happy to know that ChNN also teaches and emphasizes dream yoga. I think you should definitely check out the next webcast.

Troy
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Mikeliegler wrote:I'm at lost as to where I'm going to find a Dzogchen Master in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to recieve the Direct Transmission of Dzogchen. I'm disabled and house bound so I do very little traveling. Can someone suggest something in my case?

:group:

Thank You Very Kindly

Mike
Hi Mike,
Like you, I am disabled and unable to travel. I received Direct Transmission from Namkhai Norbu via live webcast. I can vouch for it being real and an authentic experience. The next retreat webcast starts on Friday April 19, from Lima, Peru. I checked and the time is the same as Central Time in the U.S.
If you keep checking the webcast link, they will post the retreat times for each day, sometime this week. There is usually a session Friday late afternoon or evening, then from 10-12 a.m. each day. You have to be watching live to receive transmission.
If you become a paid member of Dzogchen Community, you have access to audio replays of the webcast, and can purchase restricted practice books and also have access to closed webcasts. Most webcasts are open to everyone.
You can also record the webcast on your computer as an audio file to listen to again.
Best Wishes
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

If you're in Milwaukee, it may be worth contacting the Dzogchen people in Chicago. There may be practitioners who are in your neighborhood, or at least much closer to you (people commute in from a distance for teachings) and may be interested in bringing the sangha to you, so to speak.

I wish you all the best in your practice, wherever it leads you.
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Younge Khachab Rinpoche lives in Madison, and is very accessible.
Why not phone him?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Namkhai Norbu

Retreat from Lima, Peru
Teaching from Dra Thalgyur Tantra
April 19th - 21st, 2013
OPEN WEBCAST - TIMEZONE: GMT -5

Friday 19 April: 4:00pm a 6:00pm
Saturday 20 April: 10:00am a 12:00pm
Sunday 21 April: 10:00am a 12:00pm
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thank you everyone for your kind help. I now know what I must do. Learning Dzogchen's like pealing an onion one layer at a time. I am very blessed and gracious to have received this guidance from this thread. :thanks:
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Jikan wrote:If you're in Milwaukee, it may be worth contacting the Dzogchen people in Chicago. There may be practitioners who are in your neighborhood, or at least much closer to you (people commute in from a distance for teachings) and may be interested in bringing the sangha to you, so to speak.
How do I reach the Chicago Dzogchen group? :shrug:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

http://www.dzogchenchicago.org

[email protected]

There are other groups in Chicago that you may also wish to contact. What a great city...
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Jikan wrote:http://www.dzogchenchicago.org

[email protected]

There are other groups in Chicago that you may also wish to contact. What a great city...
Thank you I sent them an email. I hope to hear from them soon. :thanks:
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Are you watching the live webcast with Namkhai Norbu? It looks like he will give Direct Introduction tomorrow, he was explaining it today.
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Lhasa wrote:Are you watching the live webcast with Namkhai Norbu? It looks like he will give Direct Introduction tomorrow, he was explaining it today.
Lhasa

I was unable to attend the Direct Introduction of this webcast. When or where will the next opportunity be?

Mike. :namaste:
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Retreat with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu in NYC 5/31-6/2

http://dzogchen.eventbrite.com

Kundrolling, the New York Dzogchen Community, invites you to a three day retreat with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche from May 31st to June 2nd, 2013. The retreat teaching will be Longsal Ati Gongpa Ngosprod (Introduction of the state of Ati series of Longsal teaching).

The Armenian Diocese Conference Center
630 Second Avenue
(between 34th & 35th Streets)
New York, NY 10016

Retreat Schedule

Friday, May 31st
7-9p - Teaching
Saturday, June 1st
10a-12p - Teaching
4-6p - Teaching
Sunday, June 2nd
10a-12p - Teaching
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Mikeliegler wrote:Learning Dzogchen's like pealing an onion one layer at a time.
http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... etail&p=27

Mikeliegler wrote:I was unable to attend the Direct Introduction of this webcast. When or where will the next opportunity be?
http://www.melong.com/retreats.html

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php

http://dzogchencommunityuk.org/about/newcomers.html

http://tsegyalgar.org/theteachings/dzog ... nsmission/

Edit:

Looks like Fa Dao finished posting before I did. :mrgreen:
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thank you that clears a few things up for me. I just enrolled in the Merigar Dzogchen Community of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu only a few weeks ago. Guess I need to peel that onion some more. Newbies gotta start somewhere.

:thinking:
Thunna Yew

Post by Thunna Yew »

Hi Mike, I am a newbie here so hello to all and hope to participate a bit if I can.
Mike if you are a bit restricted in mobility I wonder if you would be interested in an idea I was thinking of putting forward and that is to try to promote the virtues among those who may have a lower limb disability or suchlike, of the pranayamas of the Yantra Yoga system as presented by Namkhai Norbu. The Yantra yoga looks fairly terrifying at first, but the real aim is to develop the capacity to work the pranas into the central channel, purification and a concrete contemplative experience, etc.
Why not have a word with the local YY instructor and see if they could get some sort of specialized programme going, maybe visiting you if thats not too difficult.
As Rinpoche always reminds us, collaboration, integration and working with our circumstances is what we all need to do.
Did you receive transmission yet ? 18th July,(at 4am, in the UK) is the transmission on the Anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava which might be an auspicious idea.

All the best
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thunna Yew wrote:Hi Mike, I am a newbie here so hello to all and hope to participate a bit if I can.
Mike if you are a bit restricted in mobility I wonder if you would be interested in an idea I was thinking of putting forward and that is to try to promote the virtues among those who may have a lower limb disability or suchlike, of the pranayamas of the Yantra Yoga system as presented by Namkhai Norbu. The Yantra yoga looks fairly terrifying at first, but the real aim is to develop the capacity to work the pranas into the central channel, purification and a concrete contemplative experience, etc.
Why not have a word with the local YY instructor and see if they could get some sort of specialized programme going, maybe visiting you if thats not too difficult.
As Rinpoche always reminds us, collaboration, integration and working with our circumstances is what we all need to do.
Did you receive transmission yet ? 18th July,(at 4am, in the UK) is the transmission on the Anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava which might be an auspicious idea.

All the best
Thunna

Thank you for some great ideas. There's not many practioners in my area. I'm still waiting for someone who teaches even basic meditation locally let alone the higher practices. I have contacted the local tibetan meditation center and attened their weekly public meditation session. I was sorely disappointed. As they were just collage students meeting without a teacher. So I'm relying on webcast and such for now until I can find a master. I plan on receiving transmission on July 18 though.

:anjali:

Mike

Return to “Dzogchen”