heart

Re: GURU DRAGPUR

Post by heart »

Mikeliegler wrote:Can someone tell me about Guru Dragpur? :reading: :shrug:
http://www.himalayanart.org/search/set.cfm?setID=492

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Mikeliegler wrote:Can someone tell me about Guru Dragpur? :reading: :shrug:
Guru Dragpur is a form of Vajrakilaya that Padmasambhava manifested in to subdue demons in a region. This is found in one of his biographies "Lotus Born—The Life Story of Padmasambhava".

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thank you Heart and Kirtu. I had asked about receiving Direct Transmission of Dzogchen and someone suggested I attend a cyber web Retreat from Lima, Peru on "Teaching from Dra Thalgyur Tantra" on April 19-21 (times TBA, most likely Friday evening and 10am-12 the next days, Peru time). And I saw GURU DRAGPUR listed as one of the related files for retreats and wondered if that was something I should know more about before I received the Dzogchen transition.
heart

Post by heart »

Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you Heart and Kirtu. I had asked about receiving Direct Transmission of Dzogchen and someone suggested I attend a cyber web Retreat from Lima, Peru on "Teaching from Dra Thalgyur Tantra" on April 19-21 (times TBA, most likely Friday evening and 10am-12 the next days, Peru time). And I saw GURU DRAGPUR listed as one of the related files for retreats and wondered if that was something I should know more about before I received the Dzogchen transition.
Those files are not particularly related with this webcast, they are from other webcasts. However, ChNNR do give reading transmission for some of these practices, like Guru Dragpur, every retreat. This means that you can start practicing it if you want. But Guru Drapur and other deities belong more to the anuyoga teachings which ChNNR also transmits. Dzogchen itself is more related with direct instructions how to recognize the nature of mind and how to make that experience continuous.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

If you look above the video player on the webcast page, you'll see a link for files. If you click that and scroll down you'll find two links for the Song of Vajra, which is what we sang today after the Guru Yoga A. We sang the slow version today.
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

If I'm not mistaken, you should actually be in the same timezone as Lima, so that makes it easy. All you need for the retreat is a sincere interest. I would highly recommend tuning in for tomorrow's webcast if you can.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:
Time Zone Converter here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
If you need some more help, just say it. :smile:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Dronma wrote:
Mikeliegler wrote:Thank you all I'm a newbie. I have not learned how to do the webcast yet, But I am learning more and more with your help. I need to learn how to convert the time zones and find what I all need to get ready for the webcast retreat. :heart:
Well now that you mention it. Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:
heart

Post by heart »

Mikeliegler wrote:
Dronma wrote:
Well now that you mention it. Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:
Different teacher will say different things, but ChNNR says no. Just tune in and listen. Today is the last day.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Mikeliegler wrote: Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:
Best to ask your lama before you start any practice or choose to take teachings from any other lineage, imho.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Mikeliegler wrote:Well now that you mention it. Do I need to do some Ngöndro before I'm ready for this? Also, I'm leaning to following a Bon lineage of Dzogchen. How does all this work? :juggling:
This depends on the teacher and the lineage.
If you have decided to follow ChNN Rinpoche's teachings, then you'll get all the answers slowly-slowly through webcasts.
One step at the time.... :smile:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....

Return to “Dzogchen”