Evaluation of Progress by a Master of Dzogchen

Mikeliegler

Evaluation of Progress by a Master of Dzogchen

Post by Mikeliegler »

I understand one can receive Direct Transmission of Dzogchen through a live webcast from a master. My question then is how can we get evaluated on our progress on the correct path if we are house bound and out of the way of most Dzogchen communities? :thinking:
Thomas Amundsen

Re: Evaluation of Progress by a Master of Dzogchen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

My intuition is that you will just have to somehow meet a Dzogchen master in the flesh.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

If you receive Direct Transmission from Namkhai Norbu, you can contact him by email. If you choose to do this, pm me afterward.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Mike,
as you are housebound keep listening to the teachings and getting DI over and over. You may or may not "get it" the first time around. Just keep at it. Once you "get it", you will know. Then just keep at it, developing it. Keep observing yourself. If necessary use whatever secondary practice is needed to help in your development of that. However, dont make the mistake I did and get caught up in the secondary practices. Rinpoche on almost every webcast says that he never tells anyone to do anything except Guruyoga..."Relax, be Present, do Guruyoga", and that you can do Song of Vajra to help integrate what you have been shown. Took me a couple of years to actually hear that.
Good luck brother
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I have been taught that dream practice is effective and helpful. Given your circumstances, it may be particularly helpful for you.
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thank you very kindly I'm grateful to have this help from everyone here in this community. I'm very new to all this. I'm about one month into my studies. So much to learn and many questions to ask. :ugeek:

Return to “Dzogchen”