Namaste everyone :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Leftimies

Namaste everyone :)

Post by Leftimies »

Hi there! My name is Leo, I am 20 years old, born and live in Republic of Finland, northernmost EU state. I am a Theravada Buddhist.
And I am completely certain I cannot remain with wordly affairs, seeing the direction world is going towards each passing day.

This is not to say I am somehow mystically better than the world, no, its just that it seems doomed from the get-go. People are told to make money in order to buy goods, be attractive, be fashionable, be desirable and really to pursue things that are of little importance them as far as concepts like truth, purpose and time are concerned. It simply doesn't have all too much value in my eyes. I don't want to waste my time with such world, especially when it makes my Buddhist faith near-impossible to practice. And about that Buddhist faith...

My prime purpose of coming to this site is my now long-lived plan of ordaining in Thailand. Had the situation been different in Myanmar, I would've considered it as well, but you know Myanmar is kinda uh-oh these days. So Thailand works the best for me. However, I know almost nothing about the practical arrangements required. I do know that I must contact a temple and enter one when I am in Thailand, but I doubt practical arrangements are this easy. Correct me if I am wrong though. So, I would greatly appreciate any help concerning:

- Practical authorities-concerning issues, such as visa/passport, right of stay, etc.
- Practical clergy-concerning issues, such as attitudes towards foreigners, temples recommended, financial questions
- Practical tips, such as some advices from people who have underwent the whole thing and became monks.

While any of this might not seem like introduction-related stuff, i just wanted everyone to know my point of being here from the get-go so that people who potentially want to help me can do so rightaway! ^^

- Aspirant Singh ^__^
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Namaste everyone :)

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome Leftimies!

You may find that our sister site (a Theravada Buddhist site) will have more relevant information regarding the subject http://dhammawheel.com/
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Leftimies

Post by Leftimies »

gregkavarnos wrote:Welcome Leftimies!

You may find that our sister site (a Theravada Buddhist site) will have more relevant information regarding the subject http://dhammawheel.com/
Well now, I stand corrected sir :D Thank you very much! Time for some copypaste action at that site's introductions! If you don't mind folks, I'd eagerly stay here too, as to draw in some elements and wisdom from other schools as well ^^
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi, welcome to DharmaWheel!

Return to “Introductions”