News: Events in Boston and upstate NY

News: Events in Boston and upstate NY

Postby Jikan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:49 pm

I would like to draw everyone's attention to a pair of upcoming events that are significant for contemporary Buddhism in North America, and also tie back to the very early origins of Buddhism practiced outside of Asia.

Full details available here:

http://dctendai.blogspot.com/2010/10/te ... erica.html

The short version: 23 and 24 October, celebrating the five year anniversary of the consecration of the main temple building at the Betsuin; the fifteen year anniversary of the founding of the Center; ordination ceremony for six priests; and the one hundred fifty year anniversary celebrating the practice and efforts of William Sturgis Bigelow, who was himself ordained a Tendai priest, at the Boston Museum of Fine Art with a goma (fire) ceremony.

Check the link for more details and please spread the word!
Jikan
Site Admin

Re: News: Events in Boston and upstate NY

Postby Seishin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 am

Many congrats to all those involved, especially those being ordained. :thumbsup:

I hope we've planted enough seeds in the UK for Tendai to grow as well as it has in the US. :namaste:

Seishin.
Seishin
Former staff member

Postby Jikan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm bumping this to remind everyone that this event is fast approaching. It will be a great opportunity for people to get a first-hand look into Japanese Vajrayana, and to make a favorable Dharma connection.

So let's spread the word!

Seishin: :thumbsup: well spoken, mate!
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Jikan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Oh, and before I forget: here is a link to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts site with useful information on the event there. The photograph on the page was taken at the consecration of the Goma-do at California Tendai Monastery. Monshin sensei is visible in the photo.

http://www.mfa.org/calendar/event.asp?e ... 10/24/2010
Jikan
Site Admin

Return to Tendai