This temple, dedicated to Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva, is known as 'The Kwan Inn Teng' (Pavilion of Avalokitesvara) was founded in 1952, located in the oldest part of city, Petaling Jaya in the state of Selangor, West Malaysia.
With the mission started by the late Elder Master Ven Jìng An(镜盦), who originated from Fujian, China, it has grown from a simple temple to a large one in a place where it was a remote barren land to a bustling residential and commercial area.
Between 1968, 1984 and up until today, it had underwent renovations and expansions to accommodate a Main Shrine Hall, small pharmacy, library, education centers, car park, Sutra Canon Hall, Sangha quarters, gardens, tea house and so forth.
In 1973, it was given the right to establish the "Guanyin Pavilion Petaling Welfare Association", for the welfare of the elderly and sick, with a charity status today known as the "Guanyin Pavilion Welfare Fund" (Kwan Inn Teng Foundation).
In 1991, it was privileged to have received imperial Buddha relics from Thailand.
And by 1992, the Elder Master pioneered a homegrown magazine called 'Mercy' ('慈悲' or also Compassion) and even had a fund raised known as the 'Mercy First Aid Fund' by its third quarterly issue for charitable welfare purposes.
Link in Chinese: http://www.mybuddhist.net/cms/damafojia ... /3095.html
The late Elder Master was succeeded by the current Abbot, Ven Ming Yi in 1999 (here
) together with the Temple Superintendent, Ven Master Ming Ji (here
Kwan Inn Teng: Part 1