Zuni Mountain Stupa (in New Mexico, USA)

DGA
Former staff member

Zuni Mountain Stupa (in New Mexico, USA)

Post by DGA »

http://www.zunimountainstupa.org/
The Zuni Mountain Stupa, in the Zuni Mountains of northern New Mexico, is a Tibetan Buddhist temple built in the style of Dudul Chörten, meaning one which “subdues negative forces”. This stupa was built with intention to help pacify the cycles of ignorance and violence present in the world, and to broadcast beneficial conditions for the establishment of peace and well-being.
Has anyone practice here or paid a visit? I will be in New Mexico on a research trip late this summer, and I would be delighted to touch down here if possible. Thoughts?
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Zuni Mountain Stupa (in New Mexico, USA)

Post by kirtu »

Lama Kathy Wesley is leading a stupa pilgrimage in the West in the next few months and this stupa is one of the destinations.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
practitioner

Post by practitioner »

Looks like a wonderful place, and lack of cell phone reception is a huge plus!!
One should do nothing other than benefit sentient beings either directly or indirectly - Shantideva
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

If you are in Santa Fe check out the KSK stupa on Airport Rd. It's magnificent!
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote:If you are in Santa Fe check out the KSK stupa on Airport Rd. It's magnificent!
I looked it up and found...

http://www.nobletruth.org/Stupa.html

...magnificent is right!
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

And if you have any other NM questions feel free to PM me. I'm in Santa Fe.
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

The Zuni Mtn Stupa is my lama's stupa and was built in Dorje Drollo style. It is a very amazing and powerful place. It is rather remote and not sure whether it is always open to the public or not as it is situated on a couple's property, but totally worth the effort to visit in my opinion. There is a contact on their website to let them know you're coming. Here is a pic from the consecration.
DSCN0275.JPG
DSCN0275.JPG (219.25 KiB) Viewed 5706 times
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

kirtu wrote:Lama Kathy Wesley is leading a stupa pilgrimage in the West in the next few months and this stupa is one of the destinations.

Kirt
Hi Kirt,

I read about that, but I didn't see where she was stopping at Zuni Mountain Stupa:

http://ktdblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/28 ... -colorado/

Could you show me what you read?

T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Jikan wrote:http://www.zunimountainstupa.org/
The Zuni Mountain Stupa, in the Zuni Mountains of northern New Mexico, is a Tibetan Buddhist temple built in the style of Dudul Chörten, meaning one which “subdues negative forces”. This stupa was built with intention to help pacify the cycles of ignorance and violence present in the world, and to broadcast beneficial conditions for the establishment of peace and well-being.
Has anyone practice here or paid a visit? I will be in New Mexico on a research trip late this summer, and I would be delighted to touch down here if possible. Thoughts?
I practiced there, it is a wonderful place. It's on Stan Giser's land, so generally they'll contact
the land and see if your dates jive with theirs for a visit, also you'd want to get really good directions,
it's about 1/2 hour outside of Grants NM. If they have a summer retreat, you might want to find out the
tentative dates and then schedule yourself for the time of the retreat.
If you get on the mailing list, they will announce it.
pema tsultrim

Post by pema tsultrim »

Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but this is the retreat land of my lamas. It is such a beautiful place, I almost took what would have been a pretty disastrous job out that way, just so I could be close to the land. Anyway, Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche, the founder of the Stupa, will be leading the annual Dorje Drollo retreat from Aug. 30 - Sept 2. There is still time to register. Tulku Orgyen P'huntsok just gave teachings on Nang Jang out there. The NM sangha are amazing people and the Vairotsana Sanghas in general are very welcoming and on the whole non-bureaucratic and low-key. Same as BTR and Tulku Orgyen. The food on the retreats is great, the Stupa is incredible and the land is pristine...the retreats are very affordable as well. If you can go, I do not think you will not be disappointed.

Warm Regards,
:anjali:
Petsul
:sage: <-- By the way, this looks exactly like Bhakha Rinpoche, except he usually wears a cowboy hat. The shades, though, are spot on.

Return to “Nyingma”