Dudjom Tersar Guru Rinpoche

etinin

Dudjom Tersar Guru Rinpoche

Post by etinin »

I received this empowerment and the empowerment text said it could be used to practice 7 sadhanas, which have been compiled into a single one for ease of use by Dudjom Rinpoche himself. Since I forgot the name of that sadhana, does anyone know it and whether it's available in English?

Thanks
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
Pema Rigdzin

Re: Dudjom Tersar Guru Rinpoche

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

It is called “Collection of Seven Treasures (Ter Kha Dun Dü)” and can be found here: http://www.dharmatreasures.com/the-coll ... u-sadhana/. I'd imagine it has both Tibetan and English, but you could contact them, or maybe Yudron would know?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
etinin

Post by etinin »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:It is called “Collection of Seven Treasures (Ter Kha Dun Dü)” and can be found here: http://www.dharmatreasures.com/the-coll ... u-sadhana/. I'd imagine it has both Tibetan and English, but you could contact them, or maybe Yudron would know?
Thank you very much! Probably exactly what I wanted, tibetan and english together.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:It is called “Collection of Seven Treasures (Ter Kha Dun Dü)” and can be found here: http://www.dharmatreasures.com/the-coll ... u-sadhana/. I'd imagine it has both Tibetan and English, but you could contact them, or maybe Yudron would know?
Yeah, it has Tibetan, English and Phonetics. We do it every summer as a Drupchen, so if you want to learn the most elaborate version come to Drupchen in June (vajrayana.org) in California. Sadly, that text is the one we need to revise the most. It is handwritten. One of our inputting adepts who works there really wants to make an inputted version. Here is an example where sponsorship of the project would most certainly be welcome.

For the Drupchen one inserts many parts of the Drupchen manual by Chatral Rinpoche. That manual is also available through the store. These days we are fond of making texts where the inserts are integrated into the text -- so one can just read right through without having to learn a lot of complicated page turning. I imagine that is what the lamas will want this text to be, ultimately.

Even without the Drupchen inserts, it is quite a long sadhana. You should know that Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche also made a "daily practice" -- a concise practice -- that the store should also have. That one is more practical for your typical householder in daily life.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Yudron-la, I've received this empowerment but never took a detailed look at the sadhana. I know emanations involved, but can you say a bit about how it's arranged, i.e. if one of them is the central deity and how they're all practiced in the one sadhana? Not sure if this would be against samaya to talk about it openly, but if you deem it to be, please feel free to PM me.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Yudron-la, I've received this empowerment but never took a detailed look at the sadhana. I know emanations involved, but can you say a bit about how it's arranged, i.e. if one of them is the central deity and how they're all practiced in the one sadhana? Not sure if this would be against samaya to talk about it openly, but if you deem it to be, please feel free to PM me.
It is against samaya to talk specifics. But I think it is okay to speak in generalities. It is all one sadhana with sections drawn from various GR sadhanas from great tertons.

There is a choice of two forms of GR you want to go with--you just omit the alternative version of the lha kye (visualization description section) you don't want to do.

Additonally, there are many other forms in the mandala.

The daily practice version is based on the Sangwa dupa (Sangdu) of Guru Chowang.

Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche was unable to retrieve a predicted sa ter (earth treasure) Guru Rinpoche practice, so he put this together instead. Of course, he did discover the Tso Kye Thukthig as a gong ter (mind treasure.)

Return to “Nyingma”