Chokling Tersar Vajrasattva sadhana

etinin

Chokling Tersar Vajrasattva sadhana

Post by etinin »

Hello,
I received an empowerment for this Vajrasattva practice, but can't find the sadhana. Anyone knows where it can be obtained?
Thanks
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
Yeti

Re: Chokling Tersar Vajrasattva sadhana

Post by Yeti »

etinin wrote:Hello,
I received an empowerment for this Vajrasattva practice, but can't find the sadhana. Anyone knows where it can be obtained?
Thanks
There are actually a number of sadhanas associated with this. Do you know which one you are after?

Also, AFAIK, there is a single form and yabyum form. But there are others here that have more knowledge than me about this practice. I'm sure they will comment given time.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
etinin

Post by etinin »

Yeti wrote:
Thanks
There are actually a number of sadhanas associated with this. Do you know which one you are after?

Also, AFAIK, there is a single form and yabyum form. But there are others here that have more knowledge than me about this practice. I'm sure they will comment given time.
From the visualizations, I'm quite sure it was a yabyum form.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I'm guessing this is the Sangtik DorSem, or "Vajrasattva from the Cycle of the Secret Drop."

If it is, Rangjung Yeshe publishes a booklet that contains the sadhana--second on the list here:

http://www.rangjung.com/rootfiles/practice_booklets.htm

If you can read Tibetan, I can point you to some pages at TBRC that include all the texts associated with the practice--sadhana, Tri, Rituals for the dead, etc.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

etinin wrote:
Yeti wrote:
Thanks

From the visualizations, I'm quite sure it was a yabyum form.
HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche wrote a very short sadhana for this. It has the 100 syllable mantra, the short one ending in AH, and the peaceful and wrathful mantras. It was available at the online Gomde shop, but that is not operating at present. If that is the one you want, and you can't get it anywhere else, I can scan it for you.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
heart

Post by heart »

Thanks
From whom and where did you get it?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
etinin

Post by etinin »

heart wrote:
Thanks

/magnus
Chagdud Khadro, here in Rio de Janeiro.

It is a bit confused because in Chagdud Gonpa, the Vajrasattva that is usually done is the Dudjom Tersar one. But since her intention was to provide a foundation for Ngöndro, this one was okay as well.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

Shakyamuni
heart

Post by heart »

etinin wrote:
heart wrote:
Thanks

/magnus

It is a bit confused because in Chagdud Gonpa, the Vajrasattva that is usually done is the Dudjom Tersar one. But since her intention was to provide a foundation for Ngöndro, this one was okay as well.
I would guess it is the Sangthig Dorsem but why don't you just email and ask her? You can probably buy it at a Gomde or in Nepal.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

etinin wrote:
heart wrote:
Thanks

/magnus

http://www.pedgyal.org/khadro-friburgo-2013/

Initiation Vajrasatva

One of the most profound Tibetan Buddhism is the Buddha in meditation and purification Vajrasatva. According Chagdud Rinpoche, "Vajrasatva represents the mind of all the buddhas, and 'Buddha' refers to a completely fault-free and fully consummated the pure qualities of the absolute nature of the mind."

It can be practiced both in the context of Ngondro and as a liturgy itself, in Vajrasatva meditation helps us to recognize and release our most ingrained negative patterns and allow the natural qualities of the mind to surface spontaneously.

http://makara.com.br/2008/06/25/sadanas/
White Vajrasattva is restricted

Vajrasattva for Dudjom Tersar is also in the Ngondro booklet. You can also get that through the Tibetan Treasures
website.
etinin

Post by etinin »

T. Chokyi wrote:
http://www.pedgyal.org/khadro-friburgo-2013/

Initiation Vajrasatva

One of the most profound Tibetan Buddhism is the Buddha in meditation and purification Vajrasatva. According Chagdud Rinpoche, "Vajrasatva represents the mind of all the buddhas, and 'Buddha' refers to a completely fault-free and fully consummated the pure qualities of the absolute nature of the mind."

It can be practiced both in the context of Ngondro and as a liturgy itself, in Vajrasatva meditation helps us to recognize and release our most ingrained negative patterns and allow the natural qualities of the mind to surface spontaneously.

http://makara.com.br/2008/06/25/sadanas/
White Vajrasattva is restricted

Vajrasattva for Dudjom Tersar is also in the Ngondro booklet. You can also get that through the Tibetan Treasures
website.
Yeah, but I remember Khandro specifically saying it was a Chokling Tersar empowerment, for the terma by Chokgyur Lingpa. I guess I'll wait for her to answer.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

Shakyamuni
fosterryanlac

Post by fosterryanlac »

We use one at Lhundrup Choling in LA. We use a Jigme Lingpa Shitro and a dzogchen Vajrasattva- blue, in yabyum. Chokling Tersar I'm almost positive. Look on the (unmaintained) website for the contact info and ask Khenpo Sonam about it.

Return to “Nyingma”