Safety during bad weather

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
dyanaprajna2011

Safety during bad weather

Post by dyanaprajna2011 »

Please keep me, my family, and all people of the Midwest US in your prayers and thoughts today and tomorrow, as a severe late-season snowstorm barrels across the region. This looks like it's going to be a bad one, with alot of heavy snow, power outages, and who knows what else.
"If you want to travel the Way of Buddhas and Zen masters, then expect nothing, seek nothing, and grasp nothing." -Dogen
Nosta

Re: Safety during bad weather

Post by Nosta »

I dont know wich one would be the proper Buddha or Bodhisattva to pray on your situation, but I will pray to Medicine Buddha.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May you and all beings be safe during the bad weather.

OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
21 Taras
21 Taras
21-taras.jpg (467.93 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Jainarayan

Post by Jainarayan »

dyanaprajna2011 wrote:Please keep me, my family, and all people of the Midwest US in your prayers and thoughts today and tomorrow, as a severe late-season snowstorm barrels across the region. This looks like it's going to be a bad one, with alot of heavy snow, power outages, and who knows what else.
You have my empathy, having endured Sandy. May it pass you by.
ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
oṃ namo bhagavate vāsudevāya
dyanaprajna2011

Post by dyanaprajna2011 »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The storm turned out to not be as bad as it could have been.
"If you want to travel the Way of Buddhas and Zen masters, then expect nothing, seek nothing, and grasp nothing." -Dogen

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”