Result is Buddhahood

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Result is Buddhahood

Postby kirtu » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 am

I found these notes on the back of a checkbook I was going to shred (apparently I ran out of paper). Judging from the check dates, these notes were made in 2006 either at the Palyul Retreat Center in New York or at Tsechen Kunchab Ling in Walden, NY or possibly at Sakya Phuntsok Ling in Silver Spring, MD. The structure of the notes reads more like it was a Sakya teaching:

[Path to Buddhahood]*

1. Human body with 18 favorable conditions (base)
2. Faith, solid faith in the Triple Gem
3. Great Compassion (main cause) - Mahakaruna
4. Dilligence, strong force of assistance
5. Bodhicitta - nature of the path
6. Method -skillful means, upaya, instructions of the Guru
7. Based on 1-6 result is Buddhahood

Main cause of Buddhahood is Great Compassion

* - my title - this isn't part of the notes
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Result is Buddhahood

Postby SonamZangpo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 am

kirtu wrote:I found these notes on the back of a checkbook I was going to shred (apparently I ran out of paper). Judging from the check dates, these notes were made in 2006 either at the Palyul Retreat Center in New York or at Tsechen Kunchab Ling in Walden, NY or possibly at Sakya Phuntsok Ling in Silver Spring, MD. The structure of the notes reads more like it was a Sakya teaching:

[Path to Buddhahood]*

1. Human body with 18 favorable conditions (base)
2. Faith, solid faith in the Triple Gem
3. Great Compassion (main cause) - Mahakaruna
4. Dilligence, strong force of assistance
5. Bodhicitta - nature of the path
6. Method -skillful means, upaya, instructions of the Guru
7. Based on 1-6 result is Buddhahood

Main cause of Buddhahood is Great Compassion

* - my title - this isn't part of the notes

You seem to have it down, Brother! (Or sister!) With how vast and varied Buddhism can be, it's very useful to have an incredibly simplified list that unites everything, so that whenever you're overwhelmed with so many options, you can remember that in the end, they are all the same option!
http://www.facebook.com/szangpo

http://www.facebook.com/kyle.labonte <- This is my more active facebook, if you want some real discussion

OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA

"The world is dark when you're depressed; your thoughts have the power to invent your world." -Courage Wolf

"It is more important to be kind than to be right."
(I acknowledge I do not follow the quote above this, that is why it is there! so I will be reminded every time I post! :) )
SonamZangpo

Postby ground » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:07 am

Thoughts caused by lectures. Signs on paper caused by thoughts. Lectures and thoughts and notes and checkbooks forgotten, remembered, forgotten ... Arising. Ceasing.

Kind regards
ground

Postby kirtu » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 pm

These were not thoughts caused by lectures. These is the condensed but accurately reported teaching of one of my teachers And since they were written in the form of a list like these he had to have given the teaching as an outline just like this. Even with no paper I still only write verbatim what the teachers say.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby Heruka » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:37 am

taking the result as the path.
Heruka

Postby Heruka » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:49 am

can i ask if one makes it to the result, is that the end?
Heruka

Return to Tibetan Buddhism