The Dark Red Amulet: Vajrakilaya Practice

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Sherab Rigdrol

The Dark Red Amulet: Vajrakilaya Practice

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Check out the price inflation!

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Red-Amulet-I ... red+amulet

What are your thoughts on reselling/selling a dharma book of this nature at those prices?

Also, if anyone is in need of a copy they have one for a normal price at my local bookstore which I'd be more than happy to pick up for someone. I picked up my copy today after I found out the prices skyrocketed on Amazon.
heart

Re: The Dark Red Amulet: Vajrakilaya Practice

Post by heart »

"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

That's good to see!
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Or you can purchase it directly from Rinpoches' main US center's book store here for $17: http://www.padmasambhava.org/cart/catal ... 74d9c0a50f

An amazing book for those wishing to practice Kilaya, especially Tsasum Lingpa Kilaya.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

I wouldn't ever buy anything from Amazon ever. They don't pay their taxes. If you're going to buy Dharma books, buy them from Dharma people.
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Or you can purchase it directly from Rinpoches' main US center's book store here for $17: http://www.padmasambhava.org/cart/catal ... 74d9c0a50f

An amazing book for those wishing to practice Kilaya, especially Tsasum Lingpa Kilaya.
Not sure about this, I checked the other day and their site listed it as out of stock. Maybe it is in between printings which explains the inflation...
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Tsultrim T. wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:Or you can purchase it directly from Rinpoches' main US center's book store here for $17: http://www.padmasambhava.org/cart/catal ... 74d9c0a50f

Not sure about this, I checked the other day and their site listed it as out of stock. Maybe it is in between printings which explains the inflation...
Oh, you're right. Well then I guess Namse Bangdzo it is lol.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

What happens is that when a book goes out of print, especially from a small press,
is it get labeled as a rare book and gets priced as if there are olny a few dozen in circulation.
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

According to the PBC website, it will be republished by Shambhala some time in the near future.

It might still be available as an E-book, as my copy is the one on my kindle.
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

I've seen it on scribd. Not that that's necessarily a good thing, but I have.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Once again if anyone is desperate for a copy I'd be more than happy to pick one up for you!

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”