Nyingma Kama Wangs Started Today!

Yudron

Re: Nyingma Kama Wangs Started Today!

Postby Yudron » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:31 am

Author of Buddhist young adult fiction. Vlogger at Wisdom and Compassion: Grandma Yudron's Totally Chill Vlog on Meditation and Tibetan Wisdom Blogger at Very active on Twitter.

dakini_boi

Postby dakini_boi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:58 am

What is the diff between tsog Chen dupa, gongpa dupa and dupa do? I'm trying to make sense of some of these empowerments. I won't b able to attend the whole weekend, but might catch tsog Chen dupa and wonder what that means. Thanks

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:31 am

Author of Buddhist young adult fiction. Vlogger at Wisdom and Compassion: Grandma Yudron's Totally Chill Vlog on Meditation and Tibetan Wisdom Blogger at Very active on Twitter.

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:42 am

Well, well. The famous Kagye (eight commands)... guess who the first human lineage holder was? That's right... Loppon Garab Dorje.

Na na na na na.

T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:26 am

T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:28 am

yegyal

Postby yegyal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:58 am

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:26 am

Yeti

Postby Yeti » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 am

During the Nyingma Kahma empowerments at Shechen in 2004, one of the tulku's would explain the empowerments given in the evening. As those who are receiving these empowerments may realise, some of these practices are far more elaborate than we are used to, given our own limited experience. On one evening the tulku teaching came in and said that Kyabje Trulshik Rinpoche was concerned that to his knowledge, no one was taking the responsibility to continue the practice tradition of one of these empowerments, he then explained that it was quite elaborate requiring the simultaneous visualisation of 13 mandalas, and KTR requested for someone (amongst this large group of western sangha) to take the responsibility to continue the practice lineage of this particular transmission. I got the feeling there was a Dr Strangelove moment, where a lot of people wanted to raise their hand and uphold KTR's wishes and request, but the other hand was holding the raising one down realising their own meditative and yogic capacity in relation to the task ahead. (maybe some humble practitioner came forward after, away from the large gathering and took that responsibility).

Also, in regards to the Kagye transmissions, I have heard that GR said that this was his life essence, and if these transmissions disappear then so would he. I was told there was a very special Kagye transmission (I don't know what lineage), that takes two weeks of empowerments to give, that was almost lost as the empowerment text had been lost and could not be found, and as of last year only Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche and Kyabje Chatrul Rinpoche were the only living holders of that transmission. But the text was miraculously found and Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche gave it in Shimla last year to all the tulku, lamas and everyone present. So very fortunate. Rejoice. Emaho!!!

Also, I form the impression that the Kahma practices may have been very suited to the necessary requirements to address the four activities in new Dharma lands, and this is why they were prevalent in the beginning in Tibet (just my guess). So I guess that whilst practitioners may be practising a given terma cycle, whatever, that if their samaya and practice is good, somehow the benefit of holding the likes of the Nyingma Kahma creates its own blessings on the environment they are in. I have also heard it said it is good if there is at least someone holding various empowerment cycles within a given country, that that will ensure some blessings of that lineage come to the country.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche

yegyal

Postby yegyal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Are you sure it wasn't Gepe Dorje (sgeg pa'i rdo rje, aka Lilavajra/Vilasavajra)? That would make more sense and depending on the accent it might sound very similar to Garab Dorje. It just sounds very strange to me, as I've never heard of Garab Dorje being associated with the Kagye. In fact, most of the Kagye cycles are terma, so the existence of a kama lineage that goes back to Garab Dorje seems like something that would be well known. Then again, the Kama collection is huge and I'm hardly an expert, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong. Perhaps even happily surprised.

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Here is a picture of the front of Orgyen Dorje Den. This is Gyatrul Rinpoche's center, but he brings in lamas to teach and give empowerments from all Nyingma traditions.
Attachments
For Dw.jpg
Outside Orgyen Dorje Den, Alameda, CA 3-22-13
For Dw.jpg (24.19 KiB) Viewed 1884 times

Pema Rigdzin

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Sherab Rigdrol

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Pema Rigdzin

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Wow! I prostrate to his lotus feet with pure awe and devotion. That may sound cheesily traditionalist, but he's made such a huge impression on me that that's just really how I feel. I really must make it down for at least one or two days.

Not to seem like I'm in the habit of cherry picking or "going only for the highest teachings," but if this is the last time I see Rinpoche in this life, since he's an inconceivable Dzogchen master I'd most want to receive more Ati teachings from him if I can. Has he already gotten into that section, and either way, anyone have a clue if he'll be giving those this week? And if so, any idea when?

yegyal

Postby yegyal » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:02 am

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:11 am

Very interesting. The presentation did have parts this ignoramus thinks seemed like a sem de style, but with lots of deities, too. Lots!

So, there are deity nyen drups in the sem de, eh? Can you say more about that? Are they classified as maha ati?

And--Rinpoche is giving no other Kagye wang that I know of. Where does one find the maha mahayoga Kagye?

T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:19 am

Yudron

Postby Yudron » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 am

Cool! Thank you.

Who gives the wangs from the Gyudbum?

T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:30 am

Return to “Nyingma”