Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Andrew108

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Andrew108 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 pm

I'm surprised anyone was turned away through lack of funds. I've seen Rinpoche give all the money he gets for the retreats back to the gar on numerous occasions. I have also met many poor students at Merigar who manage to get the teachings. If someone is turned away then the member of staff doing the turning away should be reported. The situation should be reported to Rinpoche. Simple as.
As for the Gar in the U.S they could reduce the 'reduced circumstances' membership fee so that it is inline with Merigar. Maybe 70 dollars or so. And for Romanian Dzogchenpas and others from poor countries reduce the membership fee accordingly. That's it.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.

Andrew108

Postby Andrew108 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:53 am

Progress indeed concerning DC in the U.S. I can't think of anything more. Lets hope our brothrs and sisters to the East and South who are short of funds can be given some relief.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.

spyderix

Postby spyderix » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 am

For the first time since reading this forum I experience that discussion is meaningfull.

I would like to add something about numbers, because I know your point and it concerns me also. For example my father and mother they are against but we have connection, very strong and throughout improving my understanding of the teachings also my capacity improves and I see that they receive this fruits. I live in a city, I walk, meet people establish next connections etc. Moreover there is worldwide community with our master at the top and many Gar Lings and this small gakyils as my own body speech and mind turning as I showed a little about above. I know that thru this in every single person most of the time arises this cause which will bear fruit in the future and I have concrete experiences with this and great faith in it. Every single day when I see how wonderful it is I think how to do better. In one of the Longsal Teachings Rinpoche explaind it and there is this drawing at blue book Dzogchen Community. Rinpoche also explaind that he can’t do everything or be everywhere physically, i think this is job for his students to connect whole of the samsara with Master(Dzogchen itself) and I think this is what transmision is all about.

But I see many times people that have this capacity “to bring light where there is dark” but they are distracted and are stuck in samsaric things etc.

Dronma

Postby Dronma » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:36 pm

"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~

Dan Dorje

Postby Dan Dorje » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

oldbob

Postby oldbob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm

The potential for Enlightenment, belongs to everyone.

It is a unique feature of the human condition, as shown by Lord Buddha and many others.

There are techniques available that allow this to be obtained by anyone who sincerely practices these techniques.

ChNNR has given more than 500 retreats, which have all been recorded.

Everything is there. The question is how to organize this great wealth of material and put it to use in a good way, connected to transmission, lineage and sacred permissions.

What exists is perfect as it is.

But perhaps our best can be done better. Then more people can get the benefit.

Please send your ideas to ChNNR.

:heart:

oldbob

Postby oldbob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am

oldbob

Postby oldbob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:14 am

Andrew108

Postby Andrew108 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Oldbob, The reason Rinpoche travels so much is so that as many people as possible can get the teachings from him. He does what he can to make sure as many people as possible get the transmission. The situation at a certain level is karmic. We have to work with our circumstances. If our circumstances prevent us from receiving teachings then we have to push through and actively seek the transmission for ourselves.
In your case you offered 150 dollars. Why did you take 'no' for an answer? Why not go there and cause a fuss? I guarantee that if you go this year with 150 dollars in your pocket you will be able to receive the teachings. So try it and find out. See there is a tendancy to be passive. To accept the situation. I remember one teaching I went to that I couldn't afford and said that I would pay for the whole retreat at a later date. I made a promise in a heartfelt way. I didn't take no for an answer. I received wonderful teachings. I paid the course fee a few months later. So you have to push. Not be passive. The money thing is just illusion like anything else. If it becomes an absolute obstacle then there is a problem. I think sincerely that the various gars are doing a good job. They are not charging thousands of dollars. They are not making a profit.
The Blessed One said:

simhanada

Postby simhanada » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 am

treehuggingoctopus

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 am

. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

treehuggingoctopus

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am

Andrew108

Postby Andrew108 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 am

Saying something is like an illusion means that the situation is workable.
The Blessed One said:

Andrew108

Postby Andrew108 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 am

The Blessed One said:

oldbob

Postby oldbob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

treehuggingoctopus

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:49 am

Andrew108

Postby Andrew108 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:01 am

Are we talking about Dzogchen? About receiving the Dzogchen transmission? Or are we talking about paying for the hundreds of secondary practices we can do because we still haven't understood something.
If there are problems with the Dzogchen Community it is the problem of the proliferation of secondary practices. If a person wants the Dzogchen transmission then it's right there at an unbelievably low cost. It's really simple.
Oldbob and young Andrew are equally fresh? No? I have an idea. If you go to four retreats a year and have been doing that for quite a while, why not instead of going to a retreat, sponsor someone who can't afford it? I don't mean this in a sarcastic or negative way. If you can't change the policy or what the Dzogchen Community has become then why not set up a fund for poor people who cannot attend when the Direct Introduction is given? I think this would be helpful. Also a others have mentioned you might want to get more involved with the gakyil and try to work at it from the inside.
The Blessed One said:

Stewart

Postby Stewart » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 am

s.

oldbob

Postby oldbob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 am

Andrew108

Postby Andrew108 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Passivity can manifest in many ways. If you focus on your achievements then that is passivity. If you collect teachings then that is passivity. If you have problems then that is passivity. If you criticize others then that is passivity. If you can't stay with the transmission of the teachings then that is passivity. If you think that old students know more then young students then that is passivity. If you die without knowing what to do then that is passivity. If you don't know how to integrate the teachings then that is passivity. If you worship your teacher and constantly praise their qualities then that is passivity. There are many forms of passivity because there is not so much realization.
In the end I don't have so many problems with the gars and how things are organized. If we have received Direct Introduction then we can do Guru Yoga. When we do Guru Yoga we can also do Ganapuja if we need to change our situation. So we can actively rely on the teachings to get more teachings if we need to.
Then one last thing. If there is no connection to the Dzogchen teachings then there is not much we can do. If there is no connection then it is impossible to meet with the teaching and teachers. If there is a connection then it is impossible not to meet with the teacher and teachings.
The Blessed One said:

Return to “Dzogchen”