Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 am

Was wondering if anyone knew how to contact Lama Dawa, or an assistant in regards to requesting a mirror divination. An email address would be great.

I apologize for creating a second thread requesting this information, but there is a sense of urgency.

Thank you wonderful dharma community.
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherlock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 am

AFAIK, Lama Dawa is in ill health and has went to Nepal for treatment. He will only be back around late March or early April.
Sherlock
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:49 am

Thank you very much for the information.
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 am

Does anyone know of any other reliable Lamas who offer this service?
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby michaelb » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Sherab Rigdrol wrote:Was wondering if anyone knew how to contact Lama Dawa, or an assistant in regards to requesting a mirror divination.

[url]lamadawa.com[/url]
That's how to contact and request a divination, but as has been said, he is unavailable until April. I'm not aware of anyone else who provides this service.
michaelb
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Yeti » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

michaelb wrote:
Sherab Rigdrol wrote:Was wondering if anyone knew how to contact Lama Dawa, or an assistant in regards to requesting a mirror divination.

[url]lamadawa.com[/url]
That's how to contact and request a divination, but as has been said, he is unavailable until April. I'm not aware of anyone else who provides this service.

You will note that the web site says
Important notice:
Lama Dawa Rinpoche is currently in retreat and is not available for divinations at this time. Please check back again after March 2012

This notice is more than one year old. I had contacted Khandro Kunzang around April/May 2012 and about a month or so later she contacted me an arranged divination by email. I emailed her again a few months ago with no reply yet, so I guess the situation is that this service is not possible at this time.

I don't know of anyone else offering mirror divinations, but there are lamas who do similar services. But Lama Dawa, I believe, is a specialist in this area, especially as he was encouraged to master this practice at the request of HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche to benefit beings.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
Yeti
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby michaelb » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 am

Yeti wrote:This notice is more than one year old.

Oh yes. I didn't notice. I thought I'd be able to request a divination in a month. That's a shame.
michaelb
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby dakini_boi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 am

The more active website is www.saraswatibhawan.org.
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 am

Yeti wrote:
michaelb wrote:
Sherab Rigdrol wrote:Was wondering if anyone knew how to contact Lama Dawa, or an assistant in regards to requesting a mirror divination.

[url]lamadawa.com[/url]
That's how to contact and request a divination, but as has been said, he is unavailable until April. I'm not aware of anyone else who provides this service.

You will note that the web site says
Important notice:
Lama Dawa Rinpoche is currently in retreat and is not available for divinations at this time. Please check back again after March 2012

This notice is more than one year old. I had contacted Khandro Kunzang around April/May 2012 and about a month or so later she contacted me an arranged divination by email. I emailed her again a few months ago with no reply yet, so I guess the situation is that this service is not possible at this time.

I don't know of anyone else offering mirror divinations, but there are lamas who do similar services. But Lama Dawa, I believe, is a specialist in this area, especially as he was encouraged to master this practice at the request of HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche to benefit beings.


What lamas offer similar services?

I knew his website was out of date, which is one of the reasons why I caved in and joined this wonderful site.
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Yeti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am

AFAIK Lama Dawa is the only one who does this particular divination (and my knowledge is close to zero in this area), but a lot of lama's who have done the necessary retreats on yidams, etc, do forms of divinations. A lot of them don't advertise it, they do it only for those who have a close relationship with them. It can be a real problem if people have too much expectation of the result.

For example, I have used Lama Dawa's divinations in the past to find out if and what obstacles were ahead for practice, pilgrimages and projects, and he has always been spot on. I asked him last year if there were any obstacles for me to attend Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche's empowerments over two months in Shimla, as I really wanted some connection with Him, to which he said, nothing major, just a few minor ones. So I did all the things he advised, and headed off to India. It only took a week or ten days before I started coming down with pneumonia, and within a few more days, I had to get my arse out of there and back to AU before I was too sick to move (Man I was sick). This included liver and stomach problems.

So was Lama Dawa's prediction wrong? Actually, I think he saw this in his divination, but if he had have told me what the result was I would never have gone and made that fortunate connection with Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche. So I feel he told me what would lead to the most benefit for me. This is the problem with doing divinations, people may not get the result they want, but it may be the best path of action for long term result, then the lama gets blamed for inaccurate divinations. In his case, he is not doing it for fame or fortune, but because his guru told him to do it.

One of his students told me that when he was doing the accomplishment on this practice he was getting a lot of migraine headaches, but HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche instructed him to just keep going as it would benefit a lot of beings.

You also have to be wary of lamas who just do it for money.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
Yeti
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:09 am

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would of course be wary of any lama's doing it for profit, or for less than dharmic purposes. For me the divination is to discover the best course of action giving the current causes and conditions in my life. Knowing all expectation leads to suffering, I just want some clarification in regards to some major life decisions that are causing tremendous stress. I see it as it's grace and merit that I was able to come across Lama Dawa and what he offers, so given that discovery, use that merit to help make certain choices and decisions. Sometimes the best course of action is to throw up our hands and say, I don't know, but I'd sure like some help.....
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Yeti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 am

Sherab Rigdrol wrote:Thank you for sharing your experience. I would of course be wary of any lama's doing it for profit, or for less than dharmic purposes. For me the divination is to discover the best course of action giving the current causes and conditions in my life. Knowing all expectation leads to suffering, I just want some clarification in regards to some major life decisions that are causing tremendous stress. I see it as it's grace and merit that I was able to come across Lama Dawa and what he offers, so given that discovery, use that merit to help make certain choices and decisions. Sometimes the best course of action is to throw up our hands and say, I don't know, but I'd sure like some help.....

I think that's exactly what these Dharma services are for, to help guide us on the best possible path of action where we don't have the ability or clarity to see what is the best path of action for ourselves. If it helps protect us from paths of obstacles or lessening merit then that's a good thing.

Just as a subnote; I was able to come back to AU, spend a few weeks recovering, then my mother passed away, and I was able to be with her, and I contacted Changling Rinpoche by phone just as she passed and he was able to request Kyabje Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche and Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche to do phowa for her. But he told me the best person to do practice for her was me :thinking: . So there was a lot of benefit for my mum I think in that little mishap sojourn.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
Yeti
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby pemachophel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Even after Lama Dawa returns, I don't think He will be resuming mirror divinations any time soon. According to the most recent information I have received, He will continuing His tse-drub (life accomplishment) retreat. The good news is that He is feeling better from the treatments He has been receiving in India and Nepal.

Long life to Lama Dawa! May His activities for the Dharma and beings flourish and expand.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
pemachophel
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Yeti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 pm

pemachophel wrote:Even after Lama Dawa returns, I don't think He will be resuming mirror divinations any time soon. According to the most recent information I have received, He will continuing His tse-drub (life accomplishment) retreat. The good news is that He is feeling better from the treatments He has been receiving in India and Nepal.

Long life to Lama Dawa! May His activities for the Dharma and beings flourish and expand.

:namaste:

Just wondering, with your knowledge of medicine, what type of medical treatment is he receiving that is not available in the USA? If it's none of my business, fine... but I'm just curious. Anyway, best of health and long life to him.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
Yeti
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Thank you Yeti for sharing your beautiful experience. It is NEVER what we expect it to be, but always so much greater than our mind could ever imagine it to be.

Yes, long life wishes to Lama Dawa.

So once again if anyone knows of any lamas who practice any sort of divination, not just Mu, that would be a very big help.
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Yudron » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 am

Sherab Rigdrol wrote:Thank you Yeti for sharing your beautiful experience. It is NEVER what we expect it to be, but always so much greater than our mind could ever imagine it to be.

Yes, long life wishes to Lama Dawa.

So once again if anyone knows of any lamas who practice any sort of divination, not just Mu, that would be a very big help.


You could try Lama Pema Dorje, Lama Dawa's brother. He's in Taiwan right now, but you might be able to contact him by the email address on his website.

http://sangchenpemachholing.org/

He does dice divination, not mirror divination. As others have said, nearly every lama, and many yogis and yoginis who are not lamas by title, do some form of divination.
Yudron
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm
Location: Sunny California

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 am

Thank you Yudron!
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Yeti » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 am

The only one I know of who openly offers divination service is Ngakpa Karma Lhundup Rinpoche http://www.karmalhundup.org/services/index.html
Divinations: done with the help of the glorious wrathful wisdom dakini Palden Lhamo


But like Yudron says, lots of lamas do divinations, and I feel you can get very good results from any accomplished lama you have good connection with. One of the other reasons I use Lama Dawa is to not bother my own teachers with divinations requests (which I use rarely). I think it's probably taken it's toll on Lama Dawa's health, but he's just fulfilling his guru's intention. He has a special lineage and accomplishment, and whilst he offers this service it probably takes a burden off other lamas because he does so.

Sometimes I think mo's aren't mo's, they are just a medium diversion to distract from accomplished lama's wisdom mind.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
Yeti
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Sherab Rigdrol » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 am

Thank you.
Sherab Rigdrol
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Postby Adamantine » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:00 am

Also it is possible to get a divination from Namkha Drimed Rinpoche, the terton
of Gesar of Lings activities. His form of divination involves the use of arrows, and I believe
is naturally related to Gesar. I have heard they are quite accurate. I have spent time with
him and have deep reverence for and faith in him. But as with most other forms
of divination I don't think you'll get the elaborate specific answers you may find with
Lama Dawa's mirror readings. This is because Lama Dawa sees the a answers arise
in complete sentences directly in the mirror.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
User avatar
Adamantine
Former staff member
 
Posts: 2970
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Space is the Place

Next

Return to Nyingma

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bryandavis, lorem, Norwegian and 11 guests

>