Dreaming in the Food Court

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Dreaming in the Food Court

Postby plwk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:39 am

Rinpoche then mentioned with a mixture of sadness and compassion, “When you don’t think of the next life … people are wandering, like in a dream, believing 100% the dream is real! Like in a illusion or mirage … believing it’s all real.” (Rinpoche was watching the people walking around very focused on the shops and shaking his head.) More here
plwk

Re: Dreaming in the Food Court

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:26 am

I love Taipei's night markets. I wish all of samsara really was as good as this.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby purestsoul » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:29 pm

PadmaVonSamba wrote:I love Taipei's night markets. I wish all of samsara really was as good as this.

You should spend more time frolicking in Taipei's night markets then.. instead of wasting your time working on liberation from samsara..

then you can spend life after life.. thousands and tens of thousands of lifetimes being reborn and dying again and being reborn again just to enjoy all the delicious illusionary food found in the night markets..
purestsoul

Postby BuddhaSoup » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:03 pm

The photo reminds me of Chiang Mai's wonderful night market. People from around the world, exotic vendors, wai-ing Thai merchants. Thai food and Chang :cheers: .

Yes, purestsoul, it is samsara, but really good samsara.
BuddhaSoup

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 am

purestsoul wrote:
PadmaVonSamba wrote:I love Taipei's night markets. I wish all of samsara really was as good as this.

You should spend more time frolicking in Taipei's night markets then.. instead of wasting your time working on liberation from samsara..
then you can spend life after life.. thousands and tens of thousands of lifetimes being reborn and dying again and being reborn again just to enjoy all the delicious illusionary food found in the night markets..

Yeah, that would work.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Return to Tibetan Buddhism