becoming a wandering yogi?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Kris

Re: becoming a wandering yogi?

Post by Kris »

I wander from place to place, Im a yogi. :P
yoga as taught to me means expertise in action, a particular approach to action.

i don't just drift place to place, i'm guided. :tongue:

my day and night revolve around sadhana.

i get up at 4:00am, thank the earth for allowing me to placemy feet on her, wash up, sit on my asana do from 3-5hours of meditation.

I clean, do chores, service is one of the best means to reach attainment. i serve all, humans, insects, plants, etc.

I exercise. study my sanskrit lessons,i was learning sanskrit from neal delmoico for severalmonths, im a good transliterator and chanter.

the I does this and so much more daily, the whole day is yoga.

:twothumbsup: :meditate: :namaste:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

RikudouSennin wrote:I wander from place to place, Im a yogi. :P
yoga as taught to me means expertise in action, a particular approach to action.

i get up at 4:00am, thank the earth for allowing me to placemy feet on her, wash up, sit on my asana do from 3-5hours of meditation.

I clean, do chores, service is one of the best means to reach attainment. i serve all, humans, insects, plants, etc.

I exercise. study my sanskrit lessons,i was learning sanskrit from neal delmoico for severalmonths, im a good transliterator and chanter.

Are you doing any buddhist practice? Practice informed by the buddhist view?
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

That's good, to be honest i wasn't directly referring to you, so no need to explain your situation. I wish you luck.
s.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Andrew108 wrote:

short tun, medium tun, long tun,

Om Mani Padme Hum mantra on mala, usually 1 1/2 hour, my mind gets quiet after 45 mins.

song of vajra

Ah meditation

:twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

RikudouSennin wrote:
Andrew108 wrote:

short tun, medium tun, long tun,

Om Mani Padme Hum mantra on mala, usually 1 1/2 hour, my mind gets quiet after 45 mins.

song of vajra

Ah meditation

:twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
:twothumbsup:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Rikudou, the practices you are doing need to be underpinned with the inspiration of Dzogchen Semde.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Andrew108 wrote:Rikudou, the practices you are doing need to be underpinned with the inspiration of Dzogchen Semde.
Andrew,

How do you know that? What gives you the insight to give that practice advice to Rikudou?

Semde isn't suited to everyone.... I'm genuinely interested.

S.
s.
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

:popcorn:
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
Kris

Post by Kris »

Andrew108 wrote:Rikudou, the practices you are doing need to be underpinned with the inspiration of Dzogchen Semde.
remind me agian what that means, :shrug:
i havent picked up any book besides sanskrit grammar text for the last 4 months
i just do the practice :emb:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
randomseb

Post by randomseb »

How fortunate to live in a country where you could live on the land year round, as opposed to up here in Canada, where you need to hunker down for the long winter, with adequate supplies!

Sometimes I long for a time when one could roam from monastery to monastery, meeting various masters and teachers, taking refuge for a little while before hitting the road again, and where the lay community for the most part has a long tradition of helping out a wandering monk. Such as in Asia. Even Gautama Buddha wandered from place to place. This nomadic tradition and lay-support we lack here in the West!

May your wandering bring you much self-learning and growth, you fine, modern, western example of non-attachment to things and places, you!

:namaste:

As a side note, I see a lot of :soapbox: politicians in this thread.
Disclaimer: If I have posted about something, then I obviously have no idea what I am talking about!
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

RikudouSennin wrote:
Just keep doing that. :)
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

byamspa wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:
Just keep doing that. :)
:good:
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

RikudouSennin wrote:
Are you in contact with any Dzogchen Community centers? You are doing the Guru Yoga practices so I was wondering if you have received any instruction. Do you have any commentaries or books that you are studying from ChNN? It's generally accepted that you can integrate Dzogchen into any formalized religious setting (hindu christian or otherwise), but it's important to have a clear understanding of the implications of Dzogchen. I understand that you have received D.I over webcast. How do you feel about Guru Yoga? And The Song of Vajra? Do you intend to contact ChNN again? Just wondering how it is going.
The Blessed One said:

Kris

Post by Kris »

Oh yes all is well. Thanks

Currently Im studying the Pratyutpanna Samadhi Sutra.

Universal Emancipation :group:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Andrew108 wrote:Are you in contact with any Dzogchen Community centers? You are doing the Guru Yoga practices so I was wondering if you have received any instruction. Do you have any commentaries or books that you are studying from ChNN? It's generally accepted that you can integrate Dzogchen into any formalized religious setting (hindu christian or otherwise), but it's important to have a clear understanding of the implications of Dzogchen. I understand that you have received D.I over webcast. How do you feel about Guru Yoga? And The Song of Vajra? Do you intend to contact ChNN again? Just wondering how it is going.
Chill out, you are nagging! ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

RikudouSennin wrote:Oh yes all is well. Thanks

I wonder if you have been given any support or guidance from anyone in the Dzogchen Community in the U.S? if not then perhaps we can sort something out.
The Blessed One said:

Kris

Post by Kris »

Andrew108 wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:
Are you in contact with any Dzogchen Community centers? You are doing the Guru Yoga practices so I was wondering if you have received any instruction. Do you have any commentaries or books that you are studying from ChNN? It's generally accepted that you can integrate Dzogchen into any formalized religious setting (hindu christian or otherwise), but it's important to have a clear understanding of the implications of Dzogchen. I understand that you have received D.I over webcast. How do you feel about Guru Yoga? And The Song of Vajra? Do you intend to contact ChNN again? Just wondering how it is going.
I like Guru Yoga, I like S.O.V.
ChNN is awakened buddha.
I should study more.
Your questions feel sincere, thanks for the transmission
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

Andrew108 wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:Oh yes all is well. Thanks

I wonder if you have been given any support or guidance from anyone in the Dzogchen Community in the U.S? if not then perhaps we can sort something out.
Yes. In Atlanta, im not there currently. Great people.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

have begun my lifestyle as a homeless sadhu once agian, more prepared after last years initial travel.
made it from atlanta to missouri to los angeles, and it was hard but i learned so much
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Motova

Post by Motova »

Good luck! I'm a bit jelly. :tongue:

:namaste:
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”