Green Tara saddhana resources

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Green Tara saddhana resources

Postby etinin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 am

Hello,

I have received a Green Tara empowerment and lung (standard Chokgyur Lingpa one).
Although I have been provided with an extensive commentary by my guru, there is much I do not recall and wasn't able to write down in detail, especially regarding the visualization of the 20 taras. Could anybody point me to good resources (books, websites, etc)?

Thanks
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
etinin

Re: Green Tara saddhana resources

Postby conebeckham » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 am

Bokar Rinpoche wrote a book, "Tara: the Feminine Divine." Google it. Great stuff.
Also, Bokar Khenpo Lodro Donyo wrote a book about Tara, which is harder to find in English translation, and expensive, when I last looked...it has some info relating specifically to Chogyur Lingpa's terma.

The Khenpo Bros. also wrote a book about Tara, if I recall, which I'm sure is wonderful. And Martin Wilson wrote "In Praise of Tara."

And then there's "The Cult of Tara," which has a great deal of info about Tara, specifically, and Tibetan Buddhist practices, in general.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby etinin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:21 am

conebeckham wrote:Bokar Rinpoche wrote a book, "Tara: the Feminine Divine." Google it. Great stuff.
Also, Bokar Khenpo Lodro Donyo wrote a book about Tara, which is harder to find in English translation, and expensive, when I last looked...it has some info relating specifically to Chogyur Lingpa's terma.

The Khenpo Bros. also wrote a book about Tara, if I recall, which I'm sure is wonderful. And Martin Wilson wrote "In Praise of Tara."

And then there's "The Cult of Tara," which has a great deal of info about Tara, specifically, and Tibetan Buddhist practices, in general.

thank you very much
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
etinin

Postby Bj Lhundrup » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Skillful Grace: Tara Practice for Our Time

is by Tulku Urgyen and Trulshik Adeu Rinpoches, all based on Chokling Ter Tara teachings,

and the practice if needed is here:
http://www.tibetsupply.com/collections/ ... a-practice
Bj Lhundrup

Postby Dhondrub » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Dhondrub

Postby etinin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:21 am

Bj Lhundrup wrote:Skillful Grace: Tara Practice for Our Time

is by Tulku Urgyen and Trulshik Adeu Rinpoches, all based on Chokling Ter Tara teachings,

and the practice if needed is here:
http://www.tibetsupply.com/collections/ ... a-practice

thanks
i've already got the sadhana, but i will look for this book
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

Shakyamuni
etinin

Postby etinin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 am

Dhondrub wrote:http://abhidharma.ru/A/Tantra/Content/Tara/0005.pdf

thank you very much. was looking for something exactly like this. will help me a lot in improving my practice.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

Shakyamuni
etinin

Postby heart » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 am

etinin wrote:Hello,

I have received a Green Tara empowerment and lung (standard Chokgyur Lingpa one).
Although I have been provided with an extensive commentary by my guru, there is much I do not recall and wasn't able to write down in detail, especially regarding the visualization of the 20 taras. Could anybody point me to good resources (books, websites, etc)?

Thanks

There is a complete online program based on the Zabtig Tara practice from the Chokling Tersar;
https://dharmasun.org/index.php?dharmasun=cms&id=14

Since this is a complete cycle there are actually many empowerment's and sadhana's in this cycle. You can find a good outline of the whole cycle in "Skillful Grace". The well known sadhana (link above to tibetsupply) that is practiced in both Kagyu and Nyingma is actually the outer sadhana in the cycle.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Return to Nyingma