Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 am 

Hello,

I have received a Green Tara empowerment and lung (standard Chokgyur Lingpa one).
Although I have been provided with an extensive commentary by my guru, there is much I do not recall and wasn't able to write down in detail, especially regarding the visualization of the 20 taras. Could anybody point me to good resources (books, websites, etc)?

Thanks

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 am 

Bokar Rinpoche wrote a book, "Tara: the Feminine Divine." Google it. Great stuff.
Also, Bokar Khenpo Lodro Donyo wrote a book about Tara, which is harder to find in English translation, and expensive, when I last looked...it has some info relating specifically to Chogyur Lingpa's terma.

The Khenpo Bros. also wrote a book about Tara, if I recall, which I'm sure is wonderful. And Martin Wilson wrote "In Praise of Tara."

And then there's "The Cult of Tara," which has a great deal of info about Tara, specifically, and Tibetan Buddhist practices, in general.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:21 am 

conebeckham wrote:
Bokar Rinpoche wrote a book, "Tara: the Feminine Divine." Google it. Great stuff.
Also, Bokar Khenpo Lodro Donyo wrote a book about Tara, which is harder to find in English translation, and expensive, when I last looked...it has some info relating specifically to Chogyur Lingpa's terma.

The Khenpo Bros. also wrote a book about Tara, if I recall, which I'm sure is wonderful. And Martin Wilson wrote "In Praise of Tara."

And then there's "The Cult of Tara," which has a great deal of info about Tara, specifically, and Tibetan Buddhist practices, in general.

thank you very much

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm 

Skillful Grace: Tara Practice for Our Time

is by Tulku Urgyen and Trulshik Adeu Rinpoches, all based on Chokling Ter Tara teachings,

and the practice if needed is here:
http://www.tibetsupply.com/collections/ ... a-practice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:09 pm 

http://abhidharma.ru/A/Tantra/Content/Tara/0005.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:21 am 

Bj Lhundrup wrote:
Skillful Grace: Tara Practice for Our Time

is by Tulku Urgyen and Trulshik Adeu Rinpoches, all based on Chokling Ter Tara teachings,

and the practice if needed is here:
http://www.tibetsupply.com/collections/ ... a-practice

thanks
i've already got the sadhana, but i will look for this book

Shakyamuni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 am 

Dhondrub wrote:
http://abhidharma.ru/A/Tantra/Content/Tara/0005.pdf

thank you very much. was looking for something exactly like this. will help me a lot in improving my practice.

Shakyamuni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 am 

etinin wrote:
Hello,

I have received a Green Tara empowerment and lung (standard Chokgyur Lingpa one).
Although I have been provided with an extensive commentary by my guru, there is much I do not recall and wasn't able to write down in detail, especially regarding the visualization of the 20 taras. Could anybody point me to good resources (books, websites, etc)?

Thanks

There is a complete online program based on the Zabtig Tara practice from the Chokling Tersar;
https://dharmasun.org/index.php?dharmasun=cms&id=14

Since this is a complete cycle there are actually many empowerment's and sadhana's in this cycle. You can find a good outline of the whole cycle in "Skillful Grace". The well known sadhana (link above to tibetsupply) that is practiced in both Kagyu and Nyingma is actually the outer sadhana in the cycle.

/magnus