Natural Meditation

Ish

Natural Meditation

Post by Ish »

When resting in natural meditation, i.e. eyes naturally open, mouth open, breathing as it is through the mouth and nose.

With the field of vision do we let it go "soft"? Like simply gazing as opposed to letting the vision be more clear/focused as it is in day to day life?

Thanks
Yudron

Re: Natural Meditation

Post by Yudron »

Ish wrote:When resting in natural meditation, i.e. eyes naturally open, mouth open, breathing as it is through the mouth and nose.

With the field of vision do we let it go "soft"? Like simply gazing as opposed to letting the vision be more clear/focused as it is in day to day life?

Thanks
Because there is no object, it makes sense for it to be soft, eh?
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

In this kind of practice, at least in the beginning, there is an object. Space.
But since is is not a tangible object, what Yudron said. ;)

It is a bit odd isn't it? to focus on or in space?
Free

Post by Free »

Yes, be warm and receptive, bright-toned in mood. Be relaxed, and let what is already naturally and perfect manifest as it is without interfering,,, smile at it. :)
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Hm sounds tricky like there are a lot of requirements to be in the real nature. Why no objects? Illusion isn't reality, I suppose?
:tongue:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:Hm sounds tricky like there are a lot of requirements to be in the real nature. Why no objects? Illusion isn't reality, I suppose?

Yes, you can rest in the nature while practicing meditation with an object, but I don't think that is what the OP is asking about.
Ish

Post by Ish »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:Hm sounds tricky like there are a lot of requirements to be in the real nature. Why no objects? Illusion isn't reality, I suppose?
They aren't required, just quite normal if you are relaxed. Plus have the effect of slowing down the winds.

Thanks for responses I thought it was right as it feels correct.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Yudron wrote:

Yes, you can rest in the nature while practicing meditation with an object, but I don't think that is what the OP is asking about.
My apologies whenever I play wise crypto-mystic I end up being an *ss. It would not be a bad idea to ignore the stuff I say honestly. :cry:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

I'm overly literal and prosaic. I don't think we will be making wedding plans anytime soon.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Bad days come and go.
lobster

Post by lobster »

With the field of vision do we let it go "soft"?
I like the word soft.
Kind, gentle, passive, accepting.

Mindful, eyeful.

So easy. Anything else is hard.

:popcorn:
haydenlaw

Post by haydenlaw »

I just find some point in my visual field and 'hang' my vision on it like an old coat - personally, I need some focus or I tend more to fall asleep. But that focus doesn't need to be active, or engage thoughts, just a point of rest. But this is just my thought.

Susan
heart

Post by heart »

haydenlaw wrote:I just find some point in my visual field and 'hang' my vision on it like an old coat - personally, I need some focus or I tend more to fall asleep. But that focus doesn't need to be active, or engage thoughts, just a point of rest. But this is just my thought.

Susan
I think the point you are making Susan is that not moving our eyes all the time actually makes recognition easier, yes?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
haydenlaw

Post by haydenlaw »

heart wrote:
haydenlaw wrote:I just find some point in my visual field and 'hang' my vision on it like an old coat - personally, I need some focus or I tend more to fall asleep. But that focus doesn't need to be active, or engage thoughts, just a point of rest. But this is just my thought.

Susan
I think the point you are making Susan is that not moving our eyes all the time actually makes recognition easier, yes?

/magnus
Yes. It allows a still field in which recognition might arise? Perhaps I could say that.

Susan
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

conceptual working overtime.
heart

Post by heart »

Heruka wrote:conceptual working overtime.
yes, even the smart comments comes from there, no? :smile:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

haydenlaw wrote:
heart wrote:

Susan

/magnus
Yes. It allows a still field in which recognition might arise? Perhaps I could say that.

Susan
I listened to ChNNR and he talked about doing three-fold sky practice within the space of your room. It actually becomes the same. You look towards something and then move the eyes fixation backwards from that object to the space between the object and your eyes and there you are. Eyes unmoving and without fixation on anything , very soft indeed.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

haydenlaw

Post by haydenlaw »

Thanks, Magnus.
muni

Post by muni »

Ish, do you allow me to post this here, which is related to your title but maybe not what you asked...it is only short time available and therefore to open a new tread...

Thank you!

http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/
Ish

Post by Ish »

muni wrote:Ish, do you allow me to post this here, which is related to your title but maybe not what you asked...it is only short time available and therefore to open a new tread...

Thank you!

http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/
Absolutely, thanks for posting, i'm watching it now :D .

Return to “Dzogchen”