Hey guys! (I don't necessarily hate clowns)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Clownhater112

Hey guys! (I don't necessarily hate clowns)

Postby Clownhater112 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:53 am

Hello, my name is Frank Guo and I am a high school senior who is currently studying World Religion as part of the International Baccalaureate program. I been a Buddhist since birth because of my parents. However, it wasn't until last year that I started practicing Buddhism. Seeing that it has alleviated a lot of my internal troubles, I started to embrace my being a Buddhist.
I hope to use website to not only strengthen my devotion to Buddhism but also to seek answers to my questions. If I happen to quote anyone's response in this forum on my Religious Investigation paper, I will be sure to ask for your permission first and cite you on my paper. Thanks for reading!
Beauty comes in a price but happiness is always free

plwk

Re: Hey guys! (I don't necessarily hate clowns)

Postby plwk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 am

Grigoris
Former staff member

Postby Grigoris » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Welcome (back to Buddhism) Frank! I hope you find what you want/need here. Image

Don't be shy about asking questions and starting topics of discussion. Before doing so it is always a good idea to first use the search function at the top right of the page and see what comes. ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

DGA
Former staff member

Postby DGA » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi, welcome to the board!

I have to confess I'm a bit unsure about clowns myself...

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 pm

:hi:

:juggling:

shel

Postby shel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Welcome.

I don't necessarily hate clowns either, join the club. :group:

LittleCat

Postby LittleCat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 am

Hello Frank :) Welcome to DW!

Having been baptized a Catholic when I was only a few weeks old, I do know that after baptism, one is considered a Catholic forever, even if they are an infant when that baptism takes place. The Catholic Church thinks of it as "Baptism of Desire", because according to them, only a fool or willfully evil person would choose to NOT be a part of the Catholic community.

This also holds true with many other faiths, and even though they don't have the 'official mechanism' of Baptism as a ritual to bind you into that faith. So I understand what you mean when you say you've been Buddhist from birth.

LC

plwk

Postby plwk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 am

Clownhater112

Postby Clownhater112 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 am

Thanks for the warm-hearted welcomes!
I think I should have made it more clear when I say that I was born a Buddhist.Well to clarify,much like what some of you have said is that I was born into a family that considered themselves Buddhist. My parents often tell me that when I was born they donated money to the Buddhist temple to have my name craved onto the wall so that I maybe blessed. Growing up, I always thought Buddha grants wishes because my mom would always pray to Buddha for better luck and health. It wasn't until I learnt about Buddhism and practiced for myslef that I realized I had the wrong idea of Buddha this whole time and so had my parents. I realized the real meaning of Buddhism is unique to the practioner him or herself. Buddha passes down the Four Noble Truth and 8 Fold Path knowing perfectly well that no human is able to just simply follow these rules for life. One does not learn what is right until he do wrong.
I really hope what I am saying does not get too involved into this whole Mahayana and Theravada catgorically issue. I believe that the true meaning of a Buddhist is to learn from experiences that upholds Buddha's teaching to escape suffering. If I am wrong, I am more than willing to listen respectfully and take your opinions to shape my own belief in Buddhism. I am still young and ignorant. =)
Beauty comes in a price but happiness is always free

Vajratantrika

Postby Vajratantrika » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 am

Return to “Introductions”