Icke: How to Free Your Mind

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
greentara

Re: Icke: How to Free Your Mind

Post by greentara »

Lhug-Pa, Sure I'm worried about GMO crops and many other world problems but I don't need the weird celebrity Icke to rubber stamp it. Who cares what he thinks or what spin he gives? Icke feeds off peoples doubts and insecurities. He's just a talking head, a business man with a big mouth.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Fair enough Greentara (I repeat again, that I don't endorse David Icke).

It would be nice though if people would stop resorting to ridicule as their seeming main tactic for trying to discredit what they don't agree with.

*An edit to my previous post since I missed the edit time window*:

"(It's kind of funny that you mentioned a Zionist cabal, as I believe that the term cabal actually comes from Cabala)"

"From what I understand, the term cracker is actually derived from whip-cracker (slave-drivers). So to me any slave-driver—whether during the transatlantic slave-trade, or during the contemporary age of corporatist slavery—is a cracker.

Anyway I should follow my own advice that I mentioned in the last few posts that I'd posted right before I stopped posting here for a while, that is to focus more on Dharma than on posting on forums.

Guess I couldn't resist making a point after seeing this thread resurface....
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
greentara

Post by greentara »

Lhug-Pa, Who could resist someone who ends a sentence with .....'while lurking here' Sounds honest to me.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Well I edited the term out since it apparently seems shady to you. :spy:

But really "lurking" is just internet slang. It's not meant to have an actual dishonest or shady connotation.

There are plenty of Dharmawheel forum members who "lurk" here often and who rarely reply with posts. :coffee:
greentara

Post by greentara »

Lhug pa, I meant what I said, it's an honest statement and there's nothing shady about it at all.
rob h

Post by rob h »

I don't think Lhug-Pa is saying anything too out there really. I could search around for examples to help you with further research, but I really think that if you want to go down this route it's your own choice, and that it's going to take a decent bit of your time researching what these people are like until you start to see that the idea of Zionists controlling a lot of areas of life (I don't agree with full world control, but maybe western world control.) and nanochips in vaccines are pretty easily possible. The problem is that I don't like the idea of posting on a Buddhist forum about this type of thing and maybe getting people who were previously spending time studying and practising Buddhism getting caught up in all this. (the idea of the karmic effects of that genuinely unsettles me.)

But yeah, if you do some research you can find things, it can just take a lot of time and sifting through the obvious over the top fiction that's clearly involved in conspiracy circles. Even when you see that though, you start to, if you research far enough, learn of actual government groups that are paid to spread disinformation to muddy the waters even more. This is a clear fact that can be backed up by simply typing in COINTELPRO and Operation Earnest Voice into google and then reading around a bit.

I have recently been caught up in this area quite a lot though and have been wanting to give it a rest so I could get back into focusing on meditation instead, so it's strange to be here posting about it. (I've been doing it simply to learn more truth about the problems of the world.) Maybe I should've left the thread where it was, but like i said, Nagas are still quite an interest to me and also related to Buddhism in various ways.

Also, Protocols of Zion are often said to be fake, but Zionism isn't. Neither is Zionism being racist against Jewish people because a lot of Jewish people actually go out and protest against the Zionists! Even checking google images for that will lead you to plenty of pictures of them protesting. Zionism is basically a nationalist movement, one that a lot of people consider racist, but not many people are aware of what the heads of that organization are up to. Not saying I know anything off the top of my head for sure, but as you research you can kind of narrow down what's going on, and it's often not nice. Zionism is basically something that seems hugely corrupt, even if some good Zionists are around. One of their key methods to deflect attention is to label anyone actively opposing them as racist/anti-semetic, etc. Kind of funny when you learn that many Jews oppose them too.

One thing I have found over the years though is that the more facts (and several things end up on official record, like MKULTRA for example, where the US government were caught testing all types of things on the American people and the whole issue actually ended up in court.) I've learnt of about how messed up governments and corporations are, the easier it's been to understand the nature of suffering in the world. Activist groups like Anonymous and Occupy are dealing with a lot of different types of corruption too, that leads to banking/monetary systems (you can find some Zionists there I think, also in AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee.) in America, which holds a lot of control over American politics.) corrupt corporations, and so on.

As a final note, if you don't think a small group of people can influence things on a huge scale, you should research into the Bilderberg group. This is a good video that explains a lot of the history, and is something that I was researching and watching live coverage of (The protests. The meetings are secret and off record, involving many powerful western figures.) last year :

phpBB [video]

If you don't feel it's worth learning about them by watching the video, this image will help instead. The video explains more about it though and how people are beginning to oppose them in a bigger way each year : http://i.imgur.com/j5TbrKi.jpg

All I'd suggest is that you please not get too caught up in it all, don't allow it to take time away from meditation. The only positive thing is that you learn more truth about why suffering is in the world, and also some hope when you see the growing amount of people waking up to it.
"A 'position', Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with." - MN 72
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

If you do want to read about these topics, maybe this is a good place to start:

http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/th ... iracy.html

And then other writings by the same guy (like Who Rules America?). Domhoff is a Professor in psychology and sociology at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and is perhaps more likely to have respect for truth and a little more aware of logical fallacies and scare-mongering than your typical conspiracy-theorist.
rob h

Post by rob h »

Dan74 wrote:If you do want to read about these topics, maybe this is a good place to start:

http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/th ... iracy.html

And then other writings by the same guy (like Who Rules America?). Domhoff is a Professor in psychology and sociology at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and is perhaps more likely to have respect for truth and a little more aware of logical fallacies and scare-mongering than your typical conspiracy-theorist.
I think that guy is kind of naive to say there's no conspiracy going on. To conspire is for a group of people to plan on doing something that can cause others problems, harm others, go against the law, or any combination, which is obviously the case when you look at the corruption going on.

Domhoff says when asked how "they" rule on another page : "The short answer is through open and direct involvement in policy planning, through participation in political campaigns and elections, and through appointments to key decision-making positions in government."The Bilderberg group alone proves that this is wrong because over a hundred of the most influential and powerful figures from government and corporations meet each year and do the exact opposite of discussing things openly, they instead admit that all talks are private and they've never released any information of their talks. They do have an influence that causes others problems around the world too, which is obvious when you look at the damage their government departments and/or corporations are causing and have caused in the past.

This is just a small list of known conspiracies that have existed : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... litical%29

It's strange because he even lists conspiracies himself but then says they get found out anyway? Maybe he has a strange definition of what a conspiracy is, or thinks that because these people later got caught out it means that no lasting conspiracy is possible. Still a misleading title to his article though, because past conspiracies are proven and documented in many cases.
"A 'position', Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with." - MN 72
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

I think he means a big conspiracy, like the ones which get the mention in this thread (eg reptilians/Zionists/etc ruling the world), not the things like Watergate, MKUltra, etc.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

The wheel of samsara spins round and round, round and round, round and round...

So much paranoia so little time!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

I think there was a genuine conspiracy in respect of the 9/11 events. That conspiracy was to convince a lot of well-meaning people that there was a conspiracy. And it was amazingly successful.

David Icke has a ready-made defense against any kind of criticism. If you criticize -why, you're one of Them, obviously! Can't you see it? No? So sad.

Life's too short.
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

rob h I am going to assume that your presence on this forum is due to an interest in Buddhism.
I would be interested to hear any endorsement of Icke or of his kind of mindset, from any Buddhist teacher of any school, that you can provide.
I suggest that you will find no such endorsement at all...quite the opposite.

But please prove me wrong.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
rob h

Post by rob h »

Simon E. wrote:rob h I am going to assume that your presence on this forum is due to an interest in Buddhism.
I would be interested to hear any endorsement of Icke or of his kind of mindset, from any Buddhist teacher of any school, that you can provide.
I suggest that you will find no such endorsement at all...quite the opposite.

But please prove me wrong.
Hahah! Yep, am here for Buddhism, don't worry, and I'm not endorsing Icke. What I would say though is that like Alex Jones, he speaks some truth, but they both discredit themselves with the way they go about things. Jones screams and shouts and goes over the top too often, and Icke with the thing about Reptilians seems to have pushed that theory way too far. I think there's something to what he says, and that some Nagas are maybe even around, but it's clear that Humanity as a whole probably isn't ready for that type of thing yet!

So yep, you won't find me constantly bumping this thread, etc. There's other sites I could go on to speak about this type of thing, but to be honest, I just take the view that if that type of thing is ever going to be found out, it'll happen when it happens without people like me wigging out about it. I think meditation is a lot more important than having Nagas chasing me down for trying to expose them to the world. Would rather hope that at some point in some life, if they exist, I could meet them on peaceful terms and get to know them that way instead. :mrgreen:

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I find it useful to remind myself from time to time that the Buddha of the Pali Canon included in his definition of Right Speech the avoidance of speculation concerning that of which we have no clear first hand knowledge.

rob h

Post by rob h »

Simon E. wrote:I find it useful to remind myself from time to time that the Buddha of the Pali Canon included in his definition of Right Speech the avoidance of speculation concerning that of which we have no clear first hand knowledge.
Yeah I think I remember that as things that lie outside of our range in another sutra, it'll just cause confusion and other related problems by thinking of/speaking about them. Hopefully it's an issue I'll sort out as time passes.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Its an ongoing process for me.

:namaste:

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Lhug-Pa wrote:It would be nice though if people would stop resorting to ridicule as their seeming main tactic for trying to discredit what they don't agree with.
This is an important point. I agree with you completely here. I should do a better job of this myself.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Jikan wrote:
Lhug-Pa wrote:It would be nice though if people would stop resorting to ridicule as their seeming main tactic for trying to discredit what they don't agree with.
This is an important point. I agree with you completely here. I should do a better job of this myself.
Since you referred to my post, Lhug-Pa, let me clarify that ridiculing anyone here was not my intention. If I recall correctly I was shaking my head and that emoticon was the closest I saw to express how I felt - dismayed that dharma practitioners get caught up in this nonsense.

I apologize if you or the others perceived ridicule - it was unskillful on my part.
rob h

Post by rob h »

Simon E. wrote:Its an ongoing process for me.

:namaste:
Yep, same here!
lobster

Post by lobster »

I (much to my surprise) enjoyed David Ickes video in the initial post of this thread. It was certainly more mature, feasible and reasonable than some dharma talks I have attended. However with dharma there are checks and balances. With Icky there are reptiles in the closet.

I believe Icke may eventually become well and whole, if he makes the right choices. As a fellow whacko, I believe Icke is being controlled by a multidimensional naga from a future life or planet Ikea. If he wakes up to both his genuine insight and utter drivel as no more than arisings, then he may become a useful and beneficial little lizard . . . :twothumbsup:

Cool the blood. Bask in the sun. Don't cook your brain. Be kind to the fish. :hug:

Return to “Lounge”