Did any of you ever meet Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Luke

Did any of you ever meet Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche?

Post by Luke »

I have become extremely interested in Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche lately, and I was wondering if any of you ever met him in person. Watching "The Life of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche" on Youtube made my love and admiration for him quadruple. I'd love to hear any stories about meeting him.

His very image is a blessing and all his writings are like exquisite spiritual nectar.

plwk

Re: Did any of you ever meet Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche?

Post by plwk »

Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche
You have another chance....as above :anjali:
heart

Post by heart »

I met him. He impressed me immensely.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
mudra

Post by mudra »

Once in 1985, ever so fleetingly. It at the Kalachakra in Bodhgaya given by HHDL. He was coming out of the temple being held by two people, I was walking by. There was eye contact, no words. I was left with this impression of gentleness and power at the same time.
Luke

Post by Luke »

mudra wrote:Once in 1985, ever so fleetingly. It at the Kalachakra in Bodhgaya given by HHDL. He was coming out of the temple being held by two people, I was walking by. There was eye contact, no words. I was left with this impression of gentleness and power at the same time.
That's beautiful. You're very lucky.

:anjali:
dechenpa

Post by dechenpa »

A friend of mine was telling me just the other day about meeting him in the 1970's when he visited our centre in Manchester UK. My friend, new then to dharma and attending to the house where Rinpoche was staying, burst into Khyentse Rinpoche's room (for some forgotten reason), and Khyentse just instantly turned to face him with a huge smile, completely alert and awake. Others would have been surprised or cross, but that reaction made a huge impression on my friend who remembers Khyentse Rinpoche very fondly.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”