Did any of you ever meet Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Did any of you ever meet Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche?

Postby Luke » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I have become extremely interested in Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche lately, and I was wondering if any of you ever met him in person. Watching "The Life of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche" on Youtube made my love and admiration for him quadruple. I'd love to hear any stories about meeting him.

His very image is a blessing and all his writings are like exquisite spiritual nectar.

Luke

Re: Did any of you ever meet Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche?

Postby plwk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche
You have another chance....as above :anjali:
plwk

Postby heart » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:32 am

I met him. He impressed me immensely.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby mudra » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Once in 1985, ever so fleetingly. It at the Kalachakra in Bodhgaya given by HHDL. He was coming out of the temple being held by two people, I was walking by. There was eye contact, no words. I was left with this impression of gentleness and power at the same time.
mudra

Postby Luke » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:35 pm

mudra wrote:Once in 1985, ever so fleetingly. It at the Kalachakra in Bodhgaya given by HHDL. He was coming out of the temple being held by two people, I was walking by. There was eye contact, no words. I was left with this impression of gentleness and power at the same time.

That's beautiful. You're very lucky.

:anjali:
Luke

Postby dechenpa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 pm

A friend of mine was telling me just the other day about meeting him in the 1970's when he visited our centre in Manchester UK. My friend, new then to dharma and attending to the house where Rinpoche was staying, burst into Khyentse Rinpoche's room (for some forgotten reason), and Khyentse just instantly turned to face him with a huge smile, completely alert and awake. Others would have been surprised or cross, but that reaction made a huge impression on my friend who remembers Khyentse Rinpoche very fondly.
dechenpa

Return to Tibetan Buddhism