The first noble truth.

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
shaunc

The first noble truth.

Post by shaunc »

Today I was reading the internet & a couple of storys caught my eye. One regarded a shopping mall that was going to ban noisy (screaming) children from the food court. As a father of 4 kids I know only too well how easily one of them can play up & invariably it can happen at the worst time. I wonder how smart this decision is as I know that as a father I'd just spend my money at another mall (if it was not too impractical). The next story was far worse, Sri Lankas military have been accused of executing a 12 year old boy in 2009. The boy was the son of the leader of the Tamil tigers who have been the Sri Lankan governments enemy in a 37 year old civil war. Not long after reading these storys, I went out to the yard & picked a few tomatoes for dinner tonight & collected some eggs & changed the water for the dog & the hens & couldn't help but think how lucky I am compared to what else goes on around me. Remember that if you have a flush toilet, that makes you in the top richest 1% of people in the world.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”