Search.

anyone

Search.

Post by anyone »

Hi all.
I live in Ukraine. I once had a dream toli toli maintain peace, which is spinning like a wheel of the cart, and I kind of was out of this wheel. The wheel was divided into parts. I seems to pull the pressure deep into the ground. It lasted no more than two minutes. I figured that it's psychological stress.
Later, I had a dream in which a creature with a dragon's head was arguing with me about the essence of the concept of karma and dharma. At that time, I did not know about the word Dharma as held Christian beliefs. I woke up and looked online this word and surprised. Later I got into the hands of books on psychology and psychiatry, which has illustrations of Tibetan thangkas. It has been represented the universe, consisting of six worlds. Image will be similar to what I had seen earlier.
Recently, a man who teaches hatha yoga and Indian Buddhism gave me a book "Dream Yoga", which describes the practices for dealing with dreams, which I have come to realize.
I described all the circumstances suggest that I need to study Dzogchen. But in Ukraine there is not uchitiley, not teachers. The community, which exists in a city, does not inspire confidence in me.
Where should I start and who to turn to for guidance?

p.s. I apologize for my English level
T. Chokyi

Re: Search.

Post by T. Chokyi »

anyone wrote:
Possibly here:

http://kunsangar.org/ru/kunsangar/
sahaja

Post by sahaja »

anyone wrote:Hi all.
I live in Ukraine. I once had a dream ...

I'm glad to hear you give credence to dreams. Please continue to do so and perhaps watch for other things also. Strange thoughts perhaps? Or in fantasy conversations with something you think of existing only in your imagination. One day while reading some book i suddenly got up, went to my desk and started writing. When it was finished i sat back and read the page and immediately thought, "This is not mine!" I wondered if that was something like automatic writing was about. I had heard of it but wasn't into that sort of thing at all. Nothing like this had ever happened with me before.

Here's a tiny part of it -

"The truly great walk this earth unheard, unseen, unknown,
Save for those who have the ears to hear, the eyes to see, and a heart that knows."

It was like a set of directions, in a sense, of where to look for my teacher. Up till then i hadn't been looking for one. There were to be more directions to come in various other ways defining exactly what to look for. Very specific really. So much so that it wouldn't be the same thing for everyone. Before I was always checking credentials for everything. If a psychologist wrote a book, before i read it i would check for the Doctorate degree, and it had better have been ivy league or the ilk, say Oxford. As the sentence above implies, a great teacher may not have credentials of any kind, no pieces of paper, no teacher of his own, no lineage, no ties to any particular school. Think about it. Why would they need them?

However, that doesn't mean either that one won't have all these things. But the test of a teacher isn't in how big a celebrity he is, how many popular books he's written, how big his teaching centers are, or many disciples he has, or the length of his lineage, etc. So look and ask but don't throw out your own dreams and intuition for what may appear as authoritative knowledge. Dharma is Dharma, the recognition lies within you, thus you'll find your path and your teacher among many.

By the way i too live out pretty much in the middle of nowhere. As it turned out i didn't have to go anywhere. There was something unknown about quietly transpiring, growing in the community. From the smiles and nods from the sangha members when things like dreams, visions and strange experiences were mentioned in conjunction with a persons arrival at the sanha, i think most had undergone similar expediences.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Is this link a little bit helpful?

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/ar ... gchen.html

On the left side you can click and change the language into Russian.
anyone

Post by anyone »

Thank you all for the comments.I now feel the need to communicate with someone who could teach me. Community that exists in Ukraine intuitively I do not like. I would like a personal communication and training. But rather it is a lot of things, because today any Buddhism - a wide market that does not require investment. What are prices for the transfer from the teacher? Of Tibetan line.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

For to judge about the qualities of a good teacher, one is not dependend on his own "feeling" only.

They are defined in the Lamrim-Teachings from Tsongkhapa:

http://www.thubtenchodron.org/GradualPa ... .pdf#page3
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Here is a list:
http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/search.ph ... =vajrayana

Personally i would not trust in the first two adresses (Ole Nydahl and New Kadampa Tradition), but i would try to meet some people on the list beneath them.
dorjeshonnu

Post by dorjeshonnu »

anyone wrote:Thank you all for the comments.I now feel the need to communicate with someone who could teach me. Community that exists in Ukraine intuitively I do not like. I would like a personal communication and training. But rather it is a lot of things, because today any Buddhism - a wide market that does not require investment. What are prices for the transfer from the teacher? Of Tibetan line.
event fees to support an event if necessary. or a computer connected to the internet. then you will need good conduct, time opportunity and motivation to study teachings, time opportunity and motivation to discuss teachings, time opportunity and motivation to develop concentration, time opportunity and motivation to develop insight, time opportunity and motivation to perform various practices

mostly you will need to invest your time and opportunities, and cultivate motivations each day

if you want lots of personal attention you might have to hire a personal trainer. in that case you probably get what you pay for
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

You are in luck, big luck this year!

The extraordinary Lama Pema Dorje, who sometimes travels to Poland,
will be in both Russia and Belarus this year. This is a huge boon for you,
as Rinpoche is an incarnation of Padampa Sangye, a master of Tsa-lung
and Dzogchen. Do not miss the opportunity.

http://sangchenpemachholing.org/

Return to “Dzogchen”