Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

oldbob

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by oldbob »

For those East Coast USAers, like me, :smile: who are time zone challenged:

Event: Open Webcast with Choegyal Namkhai Norbu from Tenerife: Guru Dragphur
Date: December 26th, 2012 to January 1st, 2013.
GURU DRAGPHUR RETREAT

TENERIFE 26th Dec. 2012 -1st Jan. 2013
OPEN WEBCAST

Dec 26th, 4-6pm. (11am-1pm EST, NYC, USA)
Introduction about this retreats' teaching and give the tridlung of Short Thun Practice.

Dec. 27th, 10am-12pm. (5-7am EST)
Introduction and Transmission of the Ati Guru Yoga and give the Tridlung of Short Gana Puja.

Dec. 28th, 10am-12pm. (5-7am EST)
Introduction of all empowerments in general and particularly about the Donwang, then Rinpoche will give the Donwang of Guru Dragphur.

Dec. 28th, 12,30pm. (7:30am EST)
We do a Short Gana Puja for the full moon.

Dec 29th, 10am-12pm. (5-7am EST)
Explanation: the importance of Guru Dragphur practice in our relative condition and tridlung of Medium Thun.

Dec. 30th, 10am-12pm. (5-7am EST)
Instructions of different ways gradual and non-gradual transformation methods of the Development and accomplishing stages can integrate in essences of the practice of Guru Dragphur. Rinpoche will give the Tridlung of Medium Gana Puja.

Dec. 31st, 10am-12pm. (5-7am EST)
Instructions how we can apply the essence practice of Guru Dragphur in our daily lives and tridlung of Longer Thun and Gana Puja.

Dec. 31st, 4-7pm. (11am-2pm EST)
We do Medium Gana Puja for the end of this retreat.

Jan. 1st, 10am-12pm. (5-7am EST)
Advice for the daily life practices and tridlungs of collective practices and so on. Ati Guru Yoga altogether for finishing our retreat.

In the Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You will find updated SCHEDULE and informations.

Happy Holidays!!!!
Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup »

Can anyone give me the full title and name of the Ter Cho-kor of Namkhai Norbu R? In Tibetan only please, wyle would work. Is there a Tiebtan Collection in pecha and/or booklet of them yet? How many volumes are in his collection.

I want to make a gift of it to a kinda high Nyingma Lama that is a secret supporter of CNNR, if I can.
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Bj Lhundrup wrote:Can anyone give me the full title and name of the Ter Cho-kor of Namkhai Norbu R? In Tibetan only please, wyle would work. Is there a Tiebtan Collection in pecha and/or booklet of them yet? How many volumes are in his collection.

I want to make a gift of it to a kinda high Nyingma Lama that is a secret supporter of CNNR, if I can.
My Tibetan is not so great so I assume ter cho-kor means terma cycle? If so I do remember Rinpoche commenting on other teachers asking for copies of his texts who had not had transmission from him and him saying they should receive teaching from him first, just like any of his other students. It particulary sticks in my mind as it was not long after a teacher had seen my copy of a trekchod book of rinpoche's and asked if they could have it saying she was also a big fan of his and had planned to request a copy of all his teachings from him.

It was only a couple of webcasts later that rinpoche then mentioned what I've conveyed above. So I was kicking myself for giving it to her.

If he's had transmission quite a few texts can be gotten in Tibetan but as far as I know there is no published Tibetan collection.
Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup »

simhanada wrote: My Tibetan is not so great so I assume ter cho-kor means terma cycle? If so I do remember Rinpoche commenting on other teachers asking for copies of his texts who had not had transmission from him and him saying they should receive teaching from him first, just like any of his other students. It particulary sticks in my mind as it was not long after a teacher had seen my copy of a trekchod book of rinpoche's and asked if they could have it saying she was also a big fan of his and had planned to request a copy of all his teachings from him.

It was only a couple of webcasts later that rinpoche then mentioned what I've conveyed above. So I was kicking myself for giving it to her.

If he's had transmission quite a few texts can be gotten in Tibetan but as far as I know there is no published Tibetan collection.
Thank you for that info. Can I still get someone to give the full title and name
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Are you referring to the 'Klong chen 'od gsal mkha' 'gro'i snying thig'?

AFAIK they are only available from Shang Shung and they definitely require transmission or permission from ChNN.

Each 'Longsal Teachings' book has the Tibetan text included. There are 8 volumes so far.
s.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Stewart wrote:Are you referring to the 'Klong chen 'od gsal mkha' 'gro'i snying thig'?

AFAIK they are only available from Shang Shung and they definitely require transmission or permission from ChNN.

Each 'Longsal Teachings' book has the Tibetan text included. There are 8 volumes so far.

:good: :twothumbsup:
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

http://www.melong.com/

Interesting Teachings and full 2013 schedule.

http://meriling.es/tenerife-retreats-2012-213/en/info

You can scroll down to the Chüdlen of Mandarava retreat info, 15 thru 25 Feb. for costs.

________________________________________________________________________________

The title of this teaching is Chimed Khandro Sogthig - The Heart Thigle of the Dakini of Immortality.

The Chüdlen we are doing is connected to a Long Life Practice. In general, Long Life Practice is useful for strengthening one’s protective energy. This is important in all senses. To be able to have some realization through certain practices, first of all one needs to be healthy and free from physical problems. Even if you are not dedicating yourself only to the practice you need to live well in daily life and you only live well when you do not have problems, that is, when your energy is perfect and especially when your protective energy is healthy. If your energy has some weak points it needs to be reinforced, so we have to know how to do that. This is one of the principles of the Long Life Practice. Many people think that the Long Life Practice is a kind of prayer, just to receive a kind of blessing, but it’s not like that. This practice means working with oneself, using visualization, mantras and Chüdlen pills.

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu - from an Oral Commentary given at Merigar, August 1986

Best,

ob

Long life to the Dzogchen (and all other) Masters. May they live long in good health and with success in all things.
Lobsang Damchoi

Post by Lobsang Damchoi »

Hi all. Going back a few posts, there was a tantalizing reference to a Nyingma lama who is a "secret supporter" of CNN Rinpoche. May one ask why the secrecy aspect, in general terms only? Can there be any reason beyond petty Dharma-cronyism? (I realize that it could be imposed from "above.") I dont mean to cast aspersions -- and of course no names need be mentioned. Maybe I'm naive :shrug: All right ... I'm definitely naive!! Especially when it comes to high level lineage politics.

It was my understanding that even HH the Dalai Lama recognizes CNN as an authentic teacher of Dzogchen.
Lobsang Damchoi
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

LOSAR WEBCAST

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php

5-pm Canary Islands = 12:00 pm Eastern- Basically Now (schedule change)

GMT+0 , Canary Islands
SUNDAY 10th FEBRUARY
Day of Wood Rabbit month of Water Dragon Year (Last Day of the Year)
4:00 p.m. New Moon Ganapuja (schedule change to 5pm)

MONDAY 11th FEBRUARY
LOSAR 1st DAY of YEAR of WATER SNAKE
8:00 am Mandarava Practice
followed by Kapse and Tibetan tea and light breakfast

WEDNESDAY 13th FEBRUARY
3rd DAY of YEAR of WATER SNAKE
10:00 Sang & Serkyem practice at the Grand Hotel Callao near Gompa
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Lobsang Damchoi wrote:It was my understanding that even HH the Dalai Lama recognizes Chögyal Namkhai Norbu as an authentic teacher of Dzogchen.
[url=http://www.dzogchen.it/organization/shang-shung-institute]Shang Shung Institute[/url] International Institute for Tibetan Studies wrote:The Shang Shung Institute was founded in 1989 by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and inaugurated in 1990 at Merigar by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama.
PBS.org wrote:In My Reincarnation, Namkhai Norbu settles in Italy at the invitation of well-known professor of Eastern cultures Giuseppe Tucci. There, Norbu becomes a professor of Eastern Studies at the University of Naples and does much to promote the spread of Tibetan culture in the West. He has written more than 100 books on Tibetan culture, history and Spiritual practice, making him one of the world’s foremost scholars on the subject and prompting the Dalai Lama to give him a gold pen to encourage him to write.
Merigar West wrote:The Gonpa, or Temple of the Great Contemplation, was completed in 1990 and inaugurated by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama.

In 1998 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu inaugurated the Great Stupa. The Stupa is a reliquary monument representing the Buddha’s illumination. It is meant to promote the well-being and prosperity of the place where it stands. All the buildings have been harmoniously set into Merigar’s wonderful natural surroundings.

Over the years Merigar West has played host to the teachings of some of the most important Masters of the Tibetan spiritual tradition, including His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, Penor Rinpoche, Sakya Trizin, Jetsun Chimed Luding, the Twelfth Tai Situpa, the Twelfth Gyalwang Drugpa, Sögyal Rinpoche, Lopön Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, Drugu Chögyal Rinpoche, Dorzong Rinpoche, Ontul Rinpoche, Ayang Rinpoche, Trogawa Rinpoche and Sey Rinpoche.
magnagei

Post by magnagei »

Is anyone else following this Mandarava retreat? if yes, can someone PM me or write if it's allowed what should be done differently if we don't have pills if I want to do this essential version on my own?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

magnagei wrote:Is anyone else following this Mandarava retreat? if yes, can someone PM me or write if it's allowed what should be done differently if we don't have pills if I want to do this essential version on my own?
Try this thread:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... len#p84056

Also you can get chulen pills from http://shangshung.org/store/ It's by donation.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

magnagei wrote:Is anyone else following this Mandarava retreat? if yes, can someone PM me or write if it's allowed what should be done differently if we don't have pills if I want to do this essential version on my own?
Chudlen pills are not necessary for doing the practice. In fact, we use them only in (personal or collective) retreat environment and under specific rules and conditions. For more information, please look at the books:
"The Practice of Long life and Chudlen of Mandarava. An Oral Commentary"
http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=116
and "Mandarava Tsalung Practices"
http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... etail&p=81
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Warning from Shang Shung Institute regarding Facebook:

Dear Vajra Brothers and Sisters,

This communication is aimed to safeguard the figure and teachings of our precious Master. As you are aware, social networks have resulted in a considerable freedom regarding the distribution of news, photos and texts. Whilst visiting the social network “Facebook”, it has become evident that there are currently numerous pages and profiles which are dedicated to the Master, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu. These pages and profiles haven’t had authorization and haven’t been fixed to reduce the risk of the appearance of posts and links posted by persons (although done in good faith) which could damage the work of the Master and his teachings. For example, an announcement appearing on one of these pages recently was an advertisement for Lama Ganchen and the practices dedicated to Dorje Shugden; that really beats the lot!

We are asking you, therefore, to collaborate in safeguarding the Master, and to delete, as soon as possible, any pages and profiles dedicated to him, his books and teachings in general. Whilst we encourage the use of social networks for personal purposes, we would request that you don’t create pages and profiles which might be mistaken for an official presentation of the Master and the Dzogchen teachings. It will be our task to report any unauthorized pages or profiles to Facebook and then Facebook (which aims to protect the interests of its subscribers) will proceed as considered appropriate, which could result in the closure of the account of the individual responsible for unauthorized material.

We trust that any practitioners, who have performed this gesture with love, will appreciate the reason for this warning: safeguarding the figure and teaching of the Master is the specific responsibility of us all and, in particular, of Yuchen Namkhai, Shang Shung Institute’s Vice-president, who was appointed to this office by the Master himself.

In the meantime, we have created an official page dedicated to Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and anyone who is interested can actively participate on it

http://www.facebook.com/ChogyalNamkhaiNorbu

It goes without saying that the same recommendations regard those who hold Twitter accounts.

Shang Shung Institute Management Team
Merigar West, February 2013

Shang Shung Institute
Merigar – 58031 Arcidosso - Italy
+390564 966940
[email protected]
http://www.shangshunginstitute.org
http://www.shangshungstore.org
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

In the context of the astounding, luminous and vast collection of sacred Dharma Teachings given by the Dzogchen Master ChNNR, still some of his students do not show kindness to those without means.

Please turn to: "Facts on the Ground."

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 76#p154276

ob
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

oldbob wrote:In the context of the astounding, luminous and vast collection of sacred Dharma Teachings given by the Dzogchen Master ChNNR, still some of his students do not show kindness to those without means.

Please turn to: "Facts on the Ground."

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 76#p154276

ob

Thats why it is important to show kindness to those without means,
by our prayers, and financial help, when we can. This is why I
made this appeal for Jeremy on Dharmawheel, he wants to meet CHNNR this summer
in 2013 in person and do summer retreat in Conway MA. he is a member of Tsegyalgar East:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 11#p155802

Thankyou!
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Note: the connection in Tashigar Norte is extremely unstable and unreliable, there could be interruptions in the stream and video could not be possible. Please consider using audio only or the old system here: http://icecast.ylon.net/

Tashigar Norte Retreat
8th -15th March 2013
The practice of Zhinas related with the Longsal Ati Gongpa Ngosprod.

Open Webcast, GMT - 4:30 hours

8th March 4-6pm.

There is the introduction of this retreat.

9th 10-12am.

Introduction of the Ati Guru Yoga and its empowerment.

10th 10-12am.

A.G. Ng. Fixation with Drajong.

11th 10-12am.

A.G. Ng. Fixation with A.

11th 4:30pm.

Gana Puja for new moon.

12th 10-12am.

A.G. Ng. Fixation with A.

13th 10-12am.

How apply the Zhinas state dealing with the Namkha’ Artad.

14th 10-12am.

Presentation of the Lhag Thong State.

14th 4:30pm.

Gana Puja for the end of this retrerat.

15th 10-12am.

Giving advices for daily Practices tridlung of collective practices and the retreat finish with a Ati Guru Yoga.
In the Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast You will find updated SCHEDULE and informations.
Ish

Post by Ish »

Thank you to Rinpoche and the people at tashigar norte who set up the cast today.

If anyone is connected there, do we have any chance of getting video in the rest of the cast?
Will it affect any of the transmission/teaching in this cast or is having only audio just as good?

Thanks
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Ish wrote:Thank you to Rinpoche and the people at tashigar norte who set up the cast today.

If anyone is connected there, do we have any chance of getting video in the rest of the cast?
Will it affect any of the transmission/teaching in this cast or is having only audio just as good?

Thanks
Note: the connection in Tashigar Norte is extremely unstable and unreliable, there could be interruptions in the stream and video could not be possible. Please consider using audio only or the old system here: http://icecast.ylon.net/

There is no problem with transmission. :smile:
In the older days, we had only audio for home users. Only Gars and Lings could connect through video.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Dronma wrote:
Ish wrote:Thank you to Rinpoche and the people at tashigar norte who set up the cast today.

Thanks

There is no problem with transmission. :smile:
In the older days, we had only audio for home users. Only Gars and Lings could connect through video.
:good:

Thoughts on transmission.

If you imagine a white AH in your heart and a white AH in Rinpoche's heart, and respectfully make them one, if you have faith, you will get transmission, video or no video, audio or no audio, webcast or no webcast, even if you are at the other end of the universe.

Amazing! Ahhhhh and relax into it.

Everything else is information, and of limited use and importance.

Long life to the Dzogchen Masters. May they live long, in good health and with success in all things.

:heart:

For those who are bandwidth challenged, the replays seem to have no drop outs, at lower bandwidth, than the live webcast, even here on Margarita. In fact zero drop outs for hours at a time. So go for the gold during the webcast, get the info in the replays, and from the listed book, and don't sweat the drop outs.

Do drop outs break a "lung" transmission? In words yes, in heart, no. - So in essence, no - not to worry. IF you are still worried, remember that the transmissions are given in every retreat. So - though it may be by adding up the bits and pieces, you will still get a full transmission in words, if you take several transmissions, even with drop outs :smile:

Return to “Dzogchen”