Hi

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hi

Postby TheLionSleeps » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 am

Congratulations on the forums. It looks great and has a nice, intimate vibe at the moment. I hope they are both a big success in spreading Buddhism across the world.

I've been serious about Buddhism for just over a year now. I live in Melbourne, Australia and I attend a branch temple of Fo Guang Shan, and do a lot of reading in my spare time. I was hoping to do a university subject on Buddhism and also one on Chinese this year but I've been too busy with work so far. Anyway, lots of love to all of you.

:namaste: - Edward
TheLionSleeps

Re: Hi

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Tue May 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Welcome Edward!
I hope you'll keep us posted on how your studies are going :smile:

Kindly,
Ngawang Drolma
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby genkaku » Tue May 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Welcome Edward. Hope you find something useful here... even if many of us have the wrong accent. :smile:
genkaku

Postby retrofuturist » Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 am

Greetings The LionSleeps,

TheLionSleeps wrote:I live in Melbourne, Australia and I attend a branch temple of Fo Guang Shan, and do a lot of reading in my spare time.

I actually meditate at the Fo Guang Yuan Art Gallery on Queen Street at lunchtimes!

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby thornbush » Wed May 13, 2009 3:57 am

Hey Edward.....nice to have seen you in ES and now here...look forward to your thoughts for us here :thanks:
I too have Fo Guang Shan Malaysia as my practice ground during New/Full Moon and observances days :thumbsup:
thornbush

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 am

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha2:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu May 21, 2009 5:25 am

TheLionSleeps wrote:I've been serious about Buddhism for just over a year now. I live in Melbourne, Australia and I attend a branch temple of Fo Guang Shan, and do a lot of reading in my spare time. I was hoping to do a university subject on Buddhism and also one on Chinese this year but I've been too busy with work so far. Anyway, lots of love to all of you.

Hi Edward,

I go to the 'branch' temple in Los Angeles sometimes -- a great temple, with excellent vegetarian food!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Introductions