Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.
guiseppe
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Postby guiseppe » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Okthe thing i find tobe a paradox around culture and religion is the fact that it seems to devoid fromthe escence where the teacher seems to be excluded...it bacame tradition and religious and most practinoers seem tobe more cought upp in the cultural path then finding a path that leads them to enlightment...interesting note! Also i consider meny people outside of buddhism to sutch as Terrance Mcenna, enyways goodluck with whatever you are doing and reach your goal instead of pursuing the practices as the goal and be in compassion be in that you are!!!

heart
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Postby heart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:24 am

guiseppe wrote:Okthe thing i find tobe a paradox around culture and religion is the fact that it seems to devoid fromthe escence where the teacher seems to be excluded...it bacame tradition and religious and most practinoers seem tobe more cought upp in the cultural path then finding a path that leads them to enlightment...interesting note! Also i consider meny people outside of buddhism to sutch as Terrance Mcenna, enyways goodluck with whatever you are doing and reach your goal instead of pursuing the practices as the goal and be in compassion be in that you are!!!


You know Terrance Mcenna died from a brain tumor at the age of 53?

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa

Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
Posts: 10289
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 am

Whereas you are not caught up in culture and are on the path of enlightenment? :shrug:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

oushi
Posts: 1596
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Postby oushi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am

guiseppe wrote:Okthe thing i find tobe a paradox around culture and religion is the fact that it seems to devoid fromthe escence

From this "essence" nothing can be devoid.
heart wrote:You know Terrance Mcenna died from a brain tumor at the age of 53?

What a great loss....
Say what you think about me here.

muni
Posts: 3043
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 am

Re: Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Postby muni » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 am

Whether our grasping mind is focussing and so rejecting or accepting this or that culture, or we deeply respect and trust those who have already realized what dual mind/discursive thought cannot grasp.

I think we can 'use' the curing tools from what is called traditions, culture without aversion/attachment since these are not the problem. Clinging is.

:namaste:

Roland
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Postby Roland » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 pm

oushi wrote:
heart wrote:You know Terrance Mcenna died from a brain tumor at the age of 53?

What a great loss....


A great loss indeed. One of my favorite beings that ever lived.
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb



Return to “Exploring Buddhism”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests