Lung for Lojong Practice?

Karma Gyalwa Gyamtso

Lung for Lojong Practice?

Post by Karma Gyalwa Gyamtso »

Hello dear Dharma-friends,

I was wondering if one needs a Lung for the practice of Lojong (Mind-training). Thanks for answering!

Many Greetings.

KGG
Yours in the Dharma
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Lung for Lojong Practice?

Post by Grigoris »

I imagine you mean the tonglen practice of lojong? Strictly speaking, yes, there is a lung. But, I reckon, the lung don't mean squat, the expalanation (tri) is the REALLY important bit IMHO.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Karma Gyalwa Gyamtso

Post by Karma Gyalwa Gyamtso »

gregkavarnos wrote:I imagine you mean the tonglen practice of lojong? Strictly speaking, yes, there is a lung. But, I reckon, the lung don't mean squat, the expalanation (tri) is the REALLY important bit IMHO.
thanks for your answer. I didn't mean tonglen practice in detail, I was thinking in general of reciting the text and the prayers etc. ...
Yours in the Dharma
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Yes, you do need a lung. If you want to recite and do a very similar practice that does not require lung etc... there is the Metta practice of the Theravadra tradition. See here for details: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... el365.html
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Kagyu”