YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Creating Dreams - Dhamma Wheel

Creating Dreams

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Nori

Creating Dreams

Postby Nori » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:11 am

It's an interesting phenomenon that, meditation practice leads to more vivid dreams. Also, I remember them after I wake up.

This morning as I woke up I was still in the middle of a dream. What I noticed is that I was the one who was speaking for another character/person who was in my dream. It was clear that, I was actively involved in the creation of what this person was doing/acting and saying.

However, what was occurring in the background, or the setting/place, while consisting of familiar places and things, did not seem like an active creation, but a mixture of places and things from my memories.

Has anyone ever heard anything about this sort of active creation (mentioned above) in dreams, and what it is all about?

DarwidHalim

Re: Creating Dreams

Postby DarwidHalim » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 am

I am not here nor there.
I am not right nor wrong.
I do not exist neither non-exist.
I am not I nor non-I.
I am not in samsara nor nirvana.
To All Buddhas, I bow down for the teaching of emptiness. Thank You!

Akuma

Postby Akuma » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 am

chownah

Postby chownah » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:10 pm

I guess it's good to be able to know that you are dreaming (when asleep) but for me one of the greatest experiences I've had was remembering a dream wherein I was doing some pretty neat stuff and I stopped for a minute and thought "this is only a dream"...then I looked around and thought..."not its not...this is real"....and continured dreaming some pretty incredible stuff....
chownah

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”