I just wanted to say thanks...

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

I just wanted to say thanks...

Postby Jainarayan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

I may not have very much to contribute to discussions, but I just want to thank the admins, mods and members for all the information and help provided here. People dismiss the internet, but if it weren't for sites like this, I for one would be hard pressed to learn the things I am learning. Books are irreplaceable, sure, but they can't answer back when you ask a question. So to that end :bow:
Worthy, wise and virtuous: Who is energetic and not indolent, in misfortune unshaken,
flawless in manner and intelligent, such one will honor gain. - Digha Nikaya III 273
Jainarayan

Re: I just wanted to say thanks...

Postby Ayu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes, i go along with this.
This forum is very informative, with a nice atmosphere.
Thanks to all of you. :twothumbsup:
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
Ayu

Postby Punya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 am

Jainarayan wrote:I may not have very much to contribute to discussions, but I just want to thank the admins, mods and members for all the information and help provided here. People dismiss the internet, but if it weren't for sites like this, I for one would be hard pressed to learn the things I am learning. Books are irreplaceable, sure, but they can't answer back when you ask a question. So to that end :bow:

Perhaps you're wiser than some of us who can't help but say things when it would better to remain silent :smile: but I join you in your thanks.
Unless the inner forces of negative emotions are conquered
Strife with outer enemies will never end.
~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Punya

Postby muni » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 pm

The joy of truly gratefulness for all, I think is very necessary to realize the meaning of the Buddha.
Since it is said: only by the grace of all, we can recognize our nature. "Others are the means".

:namaste:
muni

Postby Indrajala » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

I would thank the users for their participation and wise council. :smile:
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby Jikan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Thank you for the kind words.

I would like to underscore that the administrators here at DharmaWheel are exemplary in their roles, investing a great deal of time and energy into this project (especially for volunteers). I'd like to express my gratitude for this.

:cheers:
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Feathers » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:48 am

I'm going to add my thanks - hardly post, but I come here most days and am learning a lot. I suspect there are many people who never even join who benefit from this site :-)
Feathers

Return to Personal Experience