I just wanted to say thanks...

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

I just wanted to say thanks...

Postby Jainarayan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

I may not have very much to contribute to discussions, but I just want to thank the admins, mods and members for all the information and help provided here. People dismiss the internet, but if it weren't for sites like this, I for one would be hard pressed to learn the things I am learning. Books are irreplaceable, sure, but they can't answer back when you ask a question. So to that end :bow:
Worthy, wise and virtuous: Who is energetic and not indolent, in misfortune unshaken,
flawless in manner and intelligent, such one will honor gain. - Digha Nikaya III 273
Jainarayan

Re: I just wanted to say thanks...

Postby Ayu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes, i go along with this.
This forum is very informative, with a nice atmosphere.
Thanks to all of you. :twothumbsup:
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Upekha
*** om vajra krodha hayagrīva hulu hulu hūm phat**
Ayu
Global Moderator

Postby Punya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 am

Jainarayan wrote:I may not have very much to contribute to discussions, but I just want to thank the admins, mods and members for all the information and help provided here. People dismiss the internet, but if it weren't for sites like this, I for one would be hard pressed to learn the things I am learning. Books are irreplaceable, sure, but they can't answer back when you ask a question. So to that end :bow:

Perhaps you're wiser than some of us who can't help but say things when it would better to remain silent :smile: but I join you in your thanks.
Unless the inner forces of negative emotions are conquered
Strife with outer enemies will never end.
~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Punya

Postby muni » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 pm

The joy of truly gratefulness for all, I think is very necessary to realize the meaning of the Buddha.
Since it is said: only by the grace of all, we can recognize our nature. "Others are the means".

:namaste:
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
(Mark Twain)
muni

Postby Indrajala » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

I would thank the users for their participation and wise council. :smile:
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby Jikan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Thank you for the kind words.

I would like to underscore that the administrators here at DharmaWheel are exemplary in their roles, investing a great deal of time and energy into this project (especially for volunteers). I'd like to express my gratitude for this.

:cheers:
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Feathers » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:48 am

I'm going to add my thanks - hardly post, but I come here most days and am learning a lot. I suspect there are many people who never even join who benefit from this site :-)
Feathers

Return to Personal Experience