Investigating fake lamas

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Harold

Re: Investigating fake lamas

Post by Harold »

CrawfordHollow wrote:I am not so sure I would consider Trungpa's students doomed. I get where you are coming from, still... you have an awfully odd hobby.
Thanks I do" have an awfully odd hobby".

When I get emails from those who thank me for the information it does seem worth it.

I only wrote about Trungpa because it was mentioned by someone else earlier.
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

I wasn't too sure if I should have posted that... sorry. I think I am going to stay out of this one.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Harold wrote:Lets all keep on TALKING and not doing or engaging in COMPASSION IN ACTION.
Breaking news Harold: You ARE just "talking".
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

Harold wrote:
CrawfordHollow wrote:I am not so sure I would consider Trungpa's students doomed. I get where you are coming from, still... you have an awfully odd hobby.
Thanks I do" have an awfully odd hobby".

When I get emails from those who thank me for the information it does seem worth it.

I only wrote about Trungpa because it was mentioned by someone else earlier.
Be carefull about what you say about others,you can destroy a person good name with false accusations.in truth any negative remark about a person should not be spoken unless there is 110% evidence to support the remarks.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Eh... Hang on Harold, wasn't you teacher Namgyal Rinpoche? A person was no stranger to a few allegations himself, not only as a sexual predator of some of his male students, but prone to violent temper outbursts. No mentions of that in your 'investigations'

On rick ross's site there is a poster called 'charlene' whose choice of targets and language is strangely familiar....
s.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Ooooohhhh... a dead ringer for charlene, noetic twins!

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Stewart wrote:who cares anyway/ eh? :smile:
:namaste:

:soapbox:

Perhaps that is the key question: who cares anyway?

Crying "theater" in a crowed fire is just plain wrong, and perhaps cruel.

Suffering exists, etc.

Having the means of liberation, you really have to look at how those who have these means share them, or don't.

Do they make them available to all seekers regardless of income or status, or are they sold to those who can afford them?

Now true Dharma is being repackaged and sold in the market.

http://kripalu.org/program/view/YYCT-13 ... _awakening

http://www.esalen.org/search/node/yantra%20yoga

Yes, the rich deserve the methods and techniques of liberation, but perhaps, equally, so do the poor.

What to say?
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Does it remain Dharma if it is repackaged and commodified? Is it possible to actually learn Dharma as such in an environment of private profit like that? Or does it become some other kind of discipline with Buddhisty labels on it (such as A. Cohen, M. Gafni, K. Wilber, and so on)?

:shrug:

So much of Dharma practice is in the learning situation. You hear the Dharma in real time; you practice the Dharma in real time. You don't sell it or buy and consume it like you would a Ford car or Prell shampoo, so to speak.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

gregkavarnos wrote:Ooooohhhh... a dead ringer for charlene, noetic twins!
:smile:

Seriously Harold, let it go, especially if you are making up sock puppets on other sites....your not a secret agent defending the world from "Wolves in Lama's Robes" ("charlene" coincidently uses this phrase on Rick Ross's site, also 'she' was especially interested in what someone had to say about Namgyal R... funny that...anyway...) At best you a a bit of a fantasist, harmless, but a bit obsessed...at worse.... well I wouldn't like to make a guess.
s.
futerko

Post by futerko »

Stewart wrote:...well I wouldn't like to make a guess.
With names like Charlene and Harold - gotta be a fan of a certain Australian soap. :tongue:
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

futerko wrote:
Stewart wrote:...well I wouldn't like to make a guess.
With names like Charlene and Harold - gotta be a fan of a certain Australian soap. :tongue:
:rolling:
s.
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Harold wrote: What happens when they find Nydal,Akhon Lhamo, Sogyal Rinpoche, Aro gter as their teacher and they work with him or her?

Doomed to follow bad teachers and teachings which could lead to terrible re=births.
Those that follow Ahkon Lhamo took teachings from many, many great lamas of the Palyul lineage. Many of those students took full ordination, received the great terma cycles of the Nyingma, finished ngondro and accumulated millions of mantras for the benefit of others, building stupas, etc. While I think many may have surpassed their teacher in realization, this is hardly the "doom" of which you are speaking. She has not given vajrayana empowerments hence the only qualification she must have is greater compassion than the one to be instructed.

The teacher you end up with is a factor of your previous causes as much as your present conditions. Whether you benefit from the teacher or not is similarly dependent on your sincerity and momentum on the path. Turning into a CAPS LOCK dharmapala is a hobby fraught with peril. In my opinion, it's better to keep pure view of everyone, pray that the real dharmapalas keep the teachings authentic and make constant aspirations for the benefit of others that the real dharma flourishes.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Karma Dorje wrote:The teacher you end up with is a factor of your previous causes as much as your present conditions. Whether you benefit from the teacher or not is similarly dependent on your sincerity and momentum on the path. Turning into a CAPS LOCK dharmapala is a hobby fraught with peril. In my opinion, it's better to keep pure view of everyone, pray that the real dharmapalas keep the teachings authentic and make constant aspirations for the benefit of others that the real dharma flourishes.
:good:

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Karma Dorje wrote:What it really is is a profound lack of faith in real Dharmapalas.
Who presumably are able to take action within the world of karma and discussion.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Update:

I have just spent about 20 minutes (that I won't get back) skimming over the articles on Harold's website 'dharmafrauds.com'

Put mildly they are the rantings of a mad-man, it is obvious you have some personal axe to grind with more than one person. The whole Lama Tashi Dondup article is just unnecessary and petty, he seems totally legit, I know more than one Lama who was hinted at or even informally considered a Tulku in their youth, but never formally recognized or enthroned.

In fact I am very close to one who is a great yogi and teacher today, in the 1950's the 16th Karmapa mentioned to many people, including his brother who is a Kagyupa Tulku, on several occasions, but it never came to be formal. It's really no big deal.

Ironically Harold is keen to point out that he has been met with a wall of silence from various people and offices he has emailed for clarification, yet he hasn't responded to my earlier post about controversy surrounding his own teacher. Despite the fact he has logged on after my posts. I checked.

Harold, Charlene...whoever you are, do yourself a favour my friend. Close the 'blog', relax and take a long hard look at your motivations.

ps. Oh yeah lay off the CAPS LOCK, it gives the impression you are shouting every fifth word or so.
s.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Yeah, it's funny that his own teacher, now deceased, that he loved so much is the object of terrible accusations on the internet, yet he is doing the same to other people's teachers. Is there a connection here? I notice that his concerns about other people's teachers avoid accusations of sexual misconduct, while the things his teacher is accused of by some of his former students are primarily sexual in nature. I might add that I have met a couple of former students of his teacher who have the utmost respect and devotion to him to this day, and seem to be exceptionally good practitioners.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

And Harold's visited today.... Still no response.

And to top it off, he's now attacking the founder of Dharmawheel on his site. I posted the link yesterday, but got my wrists slapped accordingly.
s.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

For everyone's information and to prevent unnecessary speculation Harold has been banned and all links to his blog have been removed.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Stewart wrote: And to top it off, he's now attacking the founder of Dharmawheel on his site.
He never had anything to say about me and I have never read any of his posts, nor have I had any interaction with this person. His attack only came after being temporarily suspended. Trolls are so predictable, you can set your watch to it.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”