New class - Denver Nalandabodhi Study Group

Chaz

New class - Denver Nalandabodhi Study Group

Post by Chaz »

The Denver Nalandabodhi Study Group will be offering a new introductory class beginning in October. From the official release:

"The Life of the Buddha and the Spiritual Journey"

This is a rich and powerful introductory class that examines the life of the historical Buddha, and how his life can be a template and inspiration for us as modern spiritual practitioners, Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. We will discuss "looking at our mind" and the importance of examination in our daily and spiritual lives. This class invokes lots of discussion and is open to people of all levels and faiths.

When: 4 Sundays - October 3, 10, 17 and 24, noon -1:30pm
Where: People House, 3035 West 25th Avenue, Denver, CO 80211
Cost: $40 members of Nalandabodhi, $55 non-members includes the cost of the text by Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche

Interested parties should leave word here or pm me for quick response. This promises to be an excellent class.
Huifeng

Re: New class - Denver Nalandabodhi Study Group

Post by Huifeng »

Hi Chaz,

I'm curious about a Tibetan group making a statement about "the life of the historical Buddha" (emphasis added).

May I inquire as to what textual sources will be used to ascertain "the life of the historical Buddha"? Would they be Tibetan sources, or those from other textual traditions?
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Huifeng wrote:Hi Chaz,

I'm curious about a Tibetan group making a statement about "the life of the historical Buddha" (emphasis added).
Excellent! What would you like to know about us? We're a small study group, based in Denver and recognized as such by the Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche. We've been meeting for a couple years now and most recently completed a series of classes on the Mahayana using study materials by DPR.
May I inquire as to what textual sources will be used to ascertain "the life of the historical Buddha"? Would they be Tibetan sources, or those from other textual traditions?
Absolutely you may inquire. About all I know at the moment is that the class will be using study materials provided for Ponlop Rinpoche's study curriculum.

Why do you want to know? Are you thinking about attending the class? Awsome! We'd love to have you join us. I didn't know you live in in the Denver area. I have some free time on Saturday. Maybe we should get together for coffee - maybe someplace central like Paris on the Platte? (I'll buy) PotP is also walking distance from the teacher's condo over by Coors Field. Maybe we can get her to join us and bring a copy of the text and get some of your questions answrered. What say, Homes?
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Just an FYI members, this forum is for posting Dharma events. Questions on the event itself are allowed in the threads, however please start a new thread in the appropriate forum with statements pertaining to subjects that may have a myriad of viewpoints depending upon the Buddhist tradition.

:smile:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”