Italy and Teachers?

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.
paulbear
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Italy and Teachers?

Postby paulbear » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 pm

My name is Paul and I'm very very new to Buddhism, I know that so far it's resonating with me so I'll continue. I seem to gravitate towards the teachings of Mahayana. I would like to know if anyone could recommend a Monastery or retreat center in Northern Italy (Emilia Romagna region) where I could meet with teachers and like minded individuals. It's been quite a challenge being an American trying to find a Monastery or Mediation Center do to the fact that my Italian is elementary. I really appreciate any advice :) Peace and blessings Paul

Jikan
Site Admin
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 6

Re: Italy and Teachers?

Postby Jikan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Paul,

I'd start here: www.dzogchen.it even though their main center is only sort of close to you, they likely have contacts in your area.

You could also inquire here: www.tendai.eu as I know Shomon has some things going on in Italy, and if nothing else, can direct you toward some contacts.

:namaste:
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

Astus
Former staff member
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 6

Postby Astus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm

There are some Soto Zen temples in Northern Italy: http://global.sotozen-net.or.jp/eng/tem ... .html#page

Further information on Italian Buddhist centres: http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/country.php?country_id=66
"There is no such thing as the real mind. Ridding yourself of delusion: that's the real mind."
(Sheng-yen: Getting the Buddha Mind, p 73)

"Neither cultivation nor seated meditation — this is the pure Chan of Tathagata."
(Mazu Daoyi, X1321p3b23; tr. Jinhua Jia)

“Don’t rashly seek the true Buddha;
True Buddha can’t be found.
Does marvelous nature and spirit
Need tempering or refinement?
Mind is this mind carefree;
This face, the face at birth."

(Nanyue Mingzan: Enjoying the Way, tr. Jeff Shore; T2076p461b24-26)

paulbear
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Postby paulbear » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 pm

i want to thank you all for taking the time to help me on my quest. Bright blessings and Peace

Return to “Exploring Buddhism”