Alex Jones - always puts things in perspective

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Alex Jones - always puts things in perspective

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 am

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/us/piers- ... ?hpt=hp_c2

By being one of the few people you can always count on to make mainstream media look accurate and accountable by comparison - lol!

But seriously, I can't imagine a worse person to have argue the "pro gun" side..
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Alex Jones - always puts things in perspective

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 am

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 pm

I believe that Americans should have the God granted constitutional and democratic right to commit social suicide. Who am I to deny them of that right? Free military style weapons (why stop at assault rifles, let citizens buy explosive projectile weapons/launchers too) and high capacity magazines for all US citizens aged 16 years and over and the abolishment of state funded health and education is my great democratic/republican (the two words actually mean the same thing, one is the Greek and the other is the Latin version) American dream.

If the Taliban, or Iran, or the USSR, or whoever the current enemy happens to be, cannot destroy America, then let Americans destroy America.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Jikan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Here's what the US Constitution actually has to say about the matter:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

source: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charte ... cript.html

To many readers, it would seem that the purpose of this amendment is to make clear that each US state had the right to organize a militia, and to arm that militia. It doesn't say anything about your uncle Carl or any other private citizen having an ironclad right to own a rocket launcher or any other particular form of military technology. It just says states can organize and arm militias.

In practice, this point of view has no traction at all. :shrug:
Thanks to the help of generous sponsors (most of them from DharmaWheel), I'm doing a Vajra Armor (Dorje Kotrab) self-retreat this summer. May the merit be yours!
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Jikan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks to the help of generous sponsors (most of them from DharmaWheel), I'm doing a Vajra Armor (Dorje Kotrab) self-retreat this summer. May the merit be yours!
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Knotty Veneer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean that the Reptilian Overlords are not out to get you.
Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it - Mark Twain.
Knotty Veneer

Postby Jesse » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:07 pm

He does have a knack for screaming lol
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Postby Roland » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:25 pm

BLACK HELICOPTERS ladies and gentlemen
:tantrum:
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb
Roland

Postby deepbluehum » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:I believe that Americans should have the God granted constitutional and democratic right to commit social suicide. Who am I to deny them of that right? Free military style weapons (why stop at assault rifles, let citizens buy explosive projectile weapons/launchers too) and high capacity magazines for all US citizens aged 16 years and over and the abolishment of state funded health and education is my great democratic/republican (the two words actually mean the same thing, one is the Greek and the other is the Latin version) American dream.

If the Taliban, or Iran, or the USSR, or whoever the current enemy happens to be, cannot destroy America, then let Americans destroy America.

Much to your chagrin, America will always be number one. All this talk about India and China taking over is crazy. This is the place where every major innovation for the next 1000 years will come from. America is so strong. America is the business and the world is our customer.
deepbluehum

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:06 pm

deepbluehum wrote:Much to your chagrin, America will always be number one.
I guess the Buddhas teachings on impermanence and causes and conditions just flew straight over your head? And just for your information, 1000 years (The Fourth Reich? Well the Second and the Third one didn't make it to 1000 years, but anyway...) is not forever, actually it is nowhere near forever. ;)

Anyway, if they keep pumping weapons into your communties at this rate the US isn't even going to make it into the 30's. Not in its current form, that's for sure.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Return to News & Current Events