Dalai Lama Laser Eyebeams

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Thomas Amundsen

Dalai Lama Laser Eyebeams

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Dalai Lama Laser Eyebeams

Post by Grigoris »

Shiva burns kamadeva.jpg
Shiva burns kamadeva.jpg (31.34 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
Like a double barreled version of this, right? :tongue:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Sara H

Post by Sara H »

OMG Lol
Observing your mind is a good idea.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Do not taunt the Dalai Lama.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
plwk

Post by plwk »

And if so, then what?
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

plwk wrote:
And if so, then what?
El Zappo, apparently. :tongue:
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Jainarayan

Post by Jainarayan »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Shiva burns kamadeva.jpg
Like a double barreled version of this, right? :tongue:
That was about the only time Sri Shiva got really, really peed off. He was deep in meditation, and Kama shot a love arrow at him to make him fall in love with Goddess Parvati, who would have Shiva as her husband come Naraka or high water. She eventually won him and they fell completely in love, married and raised a family, which is unusual considering he is the god of ascetics. Just some trivia from the puranas; I don't know any Buddhist stories (yet). :emb:
ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
oṃ namo bhagavate vāsudevāya
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I seem to remember a story where he pulled the same trick when returning from a lengthy meditation retreat to find Ganesha in his home. Not knowing that his wife had given birth to Ganesha (while he wa off Omming) and thinking Ganesha was somebody that was keeping his wife warm in bed while he was away, he fried Ganeshas head off with a third eye blast. When the wife came home and explained the deal to him (a wife explaining, all the married guys out there know what that means ;) ) Shiva went out to find Ganesha a new head. Unfortunately for Ganesha Shiva happened to come across an elephants head and Ganesha ended up being called "big nose fatso" by all the school bullies during his childhood years.

Or words to that effect! :tongue:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Jainarayan

Post by Jainarayan »

Pretty close.

Pārvati (Shiva's wife) wanted a child. With her husband not there, being a goddess and all, she was able to create one from her own body. She was going to take a bath and told her new son to stand guard at the door and let no one, no matter who it was pass, to protect her privacy. As Murphy's Law would have it, Shiva comes home at that very time. Shiva and Ganesha did not know each other as father and son, Ganesha refused to let Shiva pass, which infuriated Shiva beyond belief because he wanted to see his wife, whom he loved dearly and missed during his retreat. Shiva took his trishula and lopped off Ganesha's head. Pārvati was furious that Shiva would commit an act of violence, much less kill his own son (whom, in Shiva's defense, he didn't know). So Pārvati would have nothing to do with Shiva (if you get my drift ;)) until he replaced the boy's head. Shiva sent his associates to bring back the head of the first being they found sleeping with its head pointing north (don't ask me why... I only tell the stories I don't make them up :tongue: ) which happened to be an elephant. That's why Ganesha has an elephant's head, but there's a lot more symbolism to it that I don't know of off the top of my head (no pun intended). One has to admit that Hindu purānic stories are nothing if not colorful (though digging deep, one finds a moral or lesson in virtually every one of them).
ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
oṃ namo bhagavate vāsudevāya
Roland

Post by Roland »

Amazing.
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb

Return to “Lounge”