Dharmasangha is Maitreya?

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Palden Dorje

Postby Will » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Also called the "buddha boy", Palden Dorje is a 20? year old Nepali who has been living & meditating in the jungle of Nepal near the Indian border. He has gathered much support from local & some non-local Buddhists. He says he will try to help humans in a bodhisattva manner.

If anyone has met him or has reliable testimony about him, let us know.

His site is helpful - http://www.paldendorje.com/
Revealing one essence: this means the inherently pure, complete, luminous essence, which is pure of its own nature. -- Fa-tsang
Will

Re: Palden Dorje

Postby LTJ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 am

Dear Will,
Thank you for this post.
Yes, I know him well, and I will see him in a couple of weeks.
I am also compiling an album of photos, names or letters to be blessed by Palden Dorje and given to him.
See:
http://www.etapasvi.com/en/news/show/id/54/title/be-blessed-by-palden-dorje
Those of you who wish to receive your photos or names blessed, I will be delighted to add you to the album.
LTJ
PS those of you who are interested may also read the book I have written, Reflections on Palden Dorje, which is a bit pricey as it is individually published, but well worth having the large paperback with many pictures...and fairly cheap as a download.
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/reflections-on-palden-dorje/12529862
Also there is this announcement on You Tube...Imee has just presented the Terthup Dharma Hall Project with a beautiful new CD of Palden Dorje's mantra, Om Namo Guru Buddha Gyani:

Those of you who wish to spend a little time watching Palden Dorje and listening to Imee's beautiful music, the following playlist is available:
http://www.youtube.com/user/KhenpoDarma?feature=mhum#g/c/6A06E2C5024AD3DB
LTJ

Postby Will » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 am

Thanks for the links Andrea.

When you mentioned Palden Dorje's mantra, do you mean it is the one he meditates on or the mantra refers to Palden Dorje himself that admirers may use to seek his inspiration? If the latter, did he give out the mantra to be used so or did someone else come up with it?

By the way, here is a site where the Buddhist who runs it has met Palden Dorje. He has quite a bit of testimony about him: www.buddhadharma.com
Revealing one essence: this means the inherently pure, complete, luminous essence, which is pure of its own nature. -- Fa-tsang
Will

Postby Rakshasa » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 am

Dharmasangha (Buddha boy) has been a very interesting subject for right from the time I came to know about him for his extensive meditation retreats. Is he really the Maitreya as prophesized in Buddhism? What school of Buddhism does he practice and preach?

http://www.etapasvi.com/en/news/91/mait ... ya-sandesh
Rakshasa

Re: Dharmasangha is Maitreya?

Postby catmoon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 am

Check out point #8 in the linked text. I'd take that to mean he is not Maitreya.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Rakshasa wrote:Dharmasangha (Buddha boy) has been a very interesting subject for right from the time I came to know about him for his extensive meditation retreats. Is he really the Maitreya as prophesized in Buddhism? What school of Buddhism does he practice and preach?

Of course he's Maitreya, now get an army together and lets go spread the good news of the arrival of the Buddha of Boundless Love.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitreya#M ... s_in_China
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Caz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 pm

He does not match the prophecy of Maitreya who comes to establish the Dharma after it has thoroughly disappeared from the world, Id say he's a very accomplished being though. :namaste:
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
Caz

Postby rob h » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 am

When Maitreya arrives, if we're aware enough, we'll know who it is. :namaste:
"A 'position', Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with." - MN 72
rob h

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:38 am

Caz wrote:He does not match the prophecy of Maitreya who comes to establish the Dharma after it has thoroughly disappeared from the world, Id say he's a very accomplished being though. :namaste:

Yeah.It's possible he may become a Buddha though.Or is it Arhat?Either way,I believe he may attain enlightenment in this lifetime.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

Postby Will » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Rakshasa wrote:Dharmasangha (Buddha boy) has been a very interesting subject for right from the time I came to know about him for his extensive meditation retreats. Is he really the Maitreya as prophesized in Buddhism? What school of Buddhism does he practice and preach?

After #108 is a highlighted link - Original Text. Can anyone identify the language?
Will

Postby Rakshasa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:49 am

That language is not Sanskrit, but a dialect of "Hindi" (or Nepali). I can understand significant part of what is written there, so it must be a derivative of Magadhi language. Probably what the Buddha Shakyamuni spoke?
Rakshasa

Postby Rakshasa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:56 am

I became very interested and devoted to this boy the day I came across news about his austere meditation without food for months. That was in 2006, and he had requested people not to disturbed him for 6 years while he is in deep meditation. At the end of six years (that is in 2012) he had claimed that he would finally emerge again to help people - which all happened to be true. So I was thinking there was really something to this Mayan 2012 crap :D

Or perhaps world didn't end because he saved us from Mayan prophesized doom? lol
Rakshasa

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am

Rakshasa wrote:Or perhaps world didn't end because he saved us from Mayan prophesized doom? lol
There was no Mayan prophesised doom, it was just a reset of their cyclic calender that happened. Nothing else. :offtopic:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Will » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Rakshasa wrote:That language is not Sanskrit, but a dialect of "Hindi" (or Nepali). I can understand significant part of what is written there, so it must be a derivative of Magadhi language. Probably what the Buddha Shakyamuni spoke?

Yes, another source told me that it is probably Nepali interspersed with Japanese translation of the Nepali.
Will

Re: Dharmasangha creates pujas

Postby Will » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Looks like the Sage creates pujas for Maitreya Buddha and other beings; the latter group I am not familiar with.

http://www.etapasvi.com/en/news/132/the ... rma-sangha
Will

Postby songhill » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Dharmasangha appears to be very honest. He said back in 2005:

"Tell the people not to call me a Buddha. I don't have the Buddha's energy. I am at the level of a rinpoche.

For someone who has actually awakened to the luminous Mind, "energy" is there; and other people sense it as well—it is not a subjective thing. How Dharmasangha knows this, tells me he is very much on the right path (marga). I hope that his popularity with the prithagjanas (worldly followers) will not block out his true message.
songhill

Postby Inge » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 pm

If he is, then he must be an emanation body of bodhisattva Maitraya, because Maitreya will spend several million years in Tushita before he will manifest buddhahood, at the same spot as Shakyamuni. At that time the life span of humans will be 80000 years. He will only remain to teach for a single day and night.
Inge

Postby Maitri_Dharma » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 am

Dharma Sangha already left us hints about what he is, what is his relationship with Arya Maitreya and how will reign of Maitreya Natha come about.

From heart I reccomend to familiarize oneself with his teaching and mission.

"Guru, having been freed from worldly restraints, although seen in the world yet not being a worldly Guru, is the Pure Dharma Guru."

http://www.etapasvi.com/en/news/teachings
Maitri_Dharma

Postby Red Faced Buddha » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Inge wrote:Dharmasangha is Maitreya?

If he is, then he must be an emanation body of bodhisattva Maitraya, because Maitreya will spend several million years in Tushita before he will manifest buddhahood, at the same spot as Shakyamuni. At that time the life span of humans will be 80000 years. He will only remain to teach for a single day and night.

^This.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:32 pm

I've read of some controversies about him and his followers, but haven't yet discerned if they've been hyped up or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bahadu ... troversies

I've only found news articles about the capture of the two women and the altercation with his family. Any thoughts on this?

Best,
Andrew
Andrew

Next

Return to Open Dharma