Altar in Bedroom

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
catmoon
Former staff member

Re: Altar in Bedroom

Post by catmoon »

You could just put a little curtain around the shrine. This would not be for the Buddha's benefit, but simply a means to maintain a separation between Dharma things and sexual things. If you want to do that.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
zenkarma

Post by zenkarma »

I would suggest using a condom. You could put it over the buddhas head before you "do it" and that way he couldnt see you. In case he could hear you, i would suggest singing hymns while you get busy. Personally, i have always liked "Onward Christian Soldiers".
The substance of the Absolute is inwardly like wood or stone, in that it is motionless, and outwardly like the void, in that it is without bounds or obstructions. It is neither subjective nor objective, has no specific location, is formless, and cannot vanish. ~Huang Po
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Hey i have a big room that has the form of a letter "L". On one side there are two beds where i sleep and on the other side i have my pc and im setting up a little shrine(a small buddha statue with a kalu rimpoche pic and and a chenrezig pic) and i also keep my dharma books next to them.

Its ok if I move this 3 items to another place where i meditate and then put them back on the altar?? This is because i meditate beside my bed but i dont want to keep the dharma stuff near the bed because of the sex and even maybe some intoxicant use.
Snow Tiger

Post by Snow Tiger »

Just in the process of rebuilding my alter will post a picture once done.... Now where to get a new table? :buddha1:
Snow Tiger

Post by Snow Tiger »

Snow Tiger wrote:Just in the process of rebuilding my alter will post a picture once done.... Now where to get a new table? :buddha1:
Here It is my new Shrine...
Attachments
2012-12-23 10.54.42.jpg
2012-12-23 10.54.42.jpg (46.11 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

That's really nice. Where did you find the little wood thingy the Buddha sits on?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
relay

Post by relay »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: But then , getting mushy in a shrine room is different than getting shiny on a mushroom.
Priceless :rolling:
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

duckfiasco wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone here takes strangers home for a shag in front of their Buddha altars. :popcorn:

Why even have Buddhas around the house if they don't help pick up chicks/dudes?

:)
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Snow Tiger

Post by Snow Tiger »

catmoon wrote:That's really nice. Where did you find the little wood thingy the Buddha sits on?
lol, The little wood thingy is the biggest of three nests of tables with the legs removed.

With Metta
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Am i the only one that finds funny that when you post a picture it says "attachments"?
relay

Post by relay »

TaTa wrote:Am i the only one that finds funny that when you post a picture it says "attachments"?
:tongue:
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”