Clear Guide for the Generation and Completion Stages

Jangchup Donden

Clear Guide for the Generation and Completion Stages

Post by Jangchup Donden »

Current drama aside, Bardor Tulku Rinpoche is going to be teaching on the Clear Guide for the Generation and Completion stages at Kunzang Palchen Ling (http://kunzang.org) on September 25 and 26th.

From the website:
The Clear Guide for the Generation and Completion Stages contains Guru Rinpoche's oral instructions on guruyoga and gurusadhana, written down by Yeshe Tsogyal and discovered by Terchen Barway Dorje.
It should be a fantastic teaching and anyone is welcome to attend.
Mr. G

Re: Clear Guide for the Generation and Completion Stages

Post by Mr. G »

Hi Jangchup,

Is this general advice on G & C? Will the teaching be lineage / practice specific?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Jangchup Donden

I have a feeling it will probably be both. From the text, assuming I have the right one here:

"The following instructions combining all the stages of profound and clear guidance were taught for the benefit of those who wish to take the vidyadhara gurus as their essence yidam and diligently practice the external, internal, secret and very secret mind sadhanas."

In general, I think it's somewhat specific to people taking Guru Rinpoche as their yidam, however I'm sure there will be a lot of general advice there for those who don't.

Bardor Rinopche's Guru Rinpoche ngondro is also a Dzogchen ngondro, so that might be worth keeping in mind as well.

I also have a feeling that it will be the first teaching given down at the new center being built, so that will be quite auspicious. We almost have a couple rooms ready.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Very nice! Thanks Jangchup!
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Jangchup Donden

Just a bit more, from the beginning of the clear guide:
Namomahaguruvajraye. In the Male Wood Dragon Year the glorious Guru of Uddiyaan, Padmakara, who knows all within the three times, remained in the samadhi of pure luminosity at the great place of accomplishment Shotö Tidro, the self-arisen central feast hall of the glorious heruka where matrikas and dakinis gather spontaneously. The dharma king Trisong Detsen; the prince Mutri Tsenpo; most of the ministers with their retinues such as the yogins Sangyay Yeshe, Palgyi Dorje, Yeshe Yang, Vairochana, Sogar Lhapal, Tingdzin Zango, Jnanakumara, and Rinchen Chok; I, TSogyal; and noble ladies such as Tashi Kyidren, Shalkarza, Ngangtsul Palgyi Gyalmo, Chönema, Metok Drönma, Gewatso, and Yeshe Drönma created an elaborate ganachakra on the tenth day of the monkey month and offered it in the Guru's presence.

On that occasion Guru Rinpoche arose from samadhi and accepted the food and drink offered to him. He spoke to the yogins and yoginis of mahayana family and bestowed many instructions. At that time Nup Sangyay Yeshe offered the necklace known as Blazing Golden Turquoise, which he had worn while serving as a minister to the dharma king, to Guru Rinpoche as a mandala. He performed nine-fold prostrations and then knelt down with his palms joined and said, "Kye ho! Guru Rinpoche, you are in nature the embodiment of all victors of the three times. You are the guru of gurus, a second Buddha, as is evident beyond all doubt, both directly and indirectly. In order to inspire future disciples and support practitioners of the many external, internal, and secret guru sadhanans -- means of accomplishing you, taught by you -- please bestow such clear guidance on the essential points of generation and completion in deity meditation that just by seeing these instructions one will understand them."
That should give a better idea about what the teaching will be about.

Return to “Kagyu”