Room/couch for rent?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
kirtu
Former staff member

Room/couch for rent?

Post by kirtu »

Hopefully this is okay (we don't have a classified ads section and I haven't checked the TOS on this) - I'm in need to a small inexpensive room/couch for rent for a few months hopefully in the Washington DC Metro area (although actually anywhere in the US will do at this point).

Or perhaps a monastery needing an attendant (there are a couple that I am looking at now).

Thanks!

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
JKhedrup

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Post by JKhedrup »

http://www.fpmt.org/fpmt/jobs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This lists various volunteer situations at FPMT centres in the USA. Usually you get room/board and maybe a small stipend...
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

JKhedrup wrote:http://www.fpmt.org/fpmt/jobs.html

This lists various volunteer situations at FPMT centres in the USA. Usually you get room/board and maybe a small stipend...
Thanks Venerable! I'll look into it. I have currently moved to an inexpensive place in Baltimore, MD.

Kirt
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

http://drbavolunteers.org/about.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CTTB in California is a nice monastery in the Chinese tradition north of San Francisco that always needs volunteers, especially in the school and in maintenance.
plwk

Post by plwk »

Try them
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

plwk wrote:Try them
I will but when I called them two years ago to try to get help for two homeless people they thought it was odd that I was calling a "Chinese charity", as they put it. Maybe there has been some change.

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

JKhedrup wrote:http://drbavolunteers.org/about.htm

CTTB in California is a nice monastery in the Chinese tradition north of San Francisco that always needs volunteers, especially in the school and in maintenance.
Thanks Venerable - I saw their volunteers page within the past month but haven't been able to contact them just yet but will do so shortly.

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

My house is full here in the Cal Bay area is full right now for the forseeable future, but don't hesitate to ask in the future if you find yourself needing a place to land in the future. I have two rooms I rent out to practitioners, and -- although it is a private home -- we do nice tsogs here often.

Also, if Bay Area folks want to be in my FB notification groups for tsogs, please PM me. We do Zhitro Tsogs for the benefit of bardo beings, and Dudjom Throma Nagmo tsogs at this time.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Yudron wrote:My house is full here in the Cal Bay area is full right now for the forseeable future, but don't hesitate to ask in the future if you find yourself needing a place to land in the future. I have two rooms I rent out to practitioners, and -- although it is a private home -- we do nice tsogs here often.

Also, if Bay Area folks want to be in my FB notification groups for tsogs, please PM me. We do Zhitro Tsogs for the benefit of bardo beings, and Dudjom Throma Nagmo tsogs at this time.
Thank-you very much!

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Lounge”