Room/couch for rent?

Anything goes (almost).

Room/couch for rent?

Postby kirtu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Hopefully this is okay (we don't have a classified ads section and I haven't checked the TOS on this) - I'm in need to a small inexpensive room/couch for rent for a few months hopefully in the Washington DC Metro area (although actually anywhere in the US will do at this point).

Or perhaps a monastery needing an attendant (there are a couple that I am looking at now).

Thanks!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby JKhedrup » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:53 am

http://www.fpmt.org/fpmt/jobs.html

This lists various volunteer situations at FPMT centres in the USA. Usually you get room/board and maybe a small stipend...
In order to ensure my mind never comes under the power of the self-cherishing attitude,
I must obtain control over my own mind.
Therefore, amongst all empowerments, the empowerment that gives me control over my mind is the best,
and I have received the most profound empowerment with this teaching.
-Atisha Dipamkara
brtsal ba'i bkhra drin
JKhedrup
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 am
Location: the Netherlands and India

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby kirtu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 am

JKhedrup wrote:http://www.fpmt.org/fpmt/jobs.html

This lists various volunteer situations at FPMT centres in the USA. Usually you get room/board and maybe a small stipend...


Thanks Venerable! I'll look into it. I have currently moved to an inexpensive place in Baltimore, MD.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby JKhedrup » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 am

http://drbavolunteers.org/about.htm

CTTB in California is a nice monastery in the Chinese tradition north of San Francisco that always needs volunteers, especially in the school and in maintenance.
In order to ensure my mind never comes under the power of the self-cherishing attitude,
I must obtain control over my own mind.
Therefore, amongst all empowerments, the empowerment that gives me control over my mind is the best,
and I have received the most profound empowerment with this teaching.
-Atisha Dipamkara
brtsal ba'i bkhra drin
JKhedrup
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 am
Location: the Netherlands and India

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby plwk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Try them
plwk
 
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 am

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby kirtu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 pm

plwk wrote:Try them


I will but when I called them two years ago to try to get help for two homeless people they thought it was odd that I was calling a "Chinese charity", as they put it. Maybe there has been some change.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby kirtu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 pm

JKhedrup wrote:http://drbavolunteers.org/about.htm

CTTB in California is a nice monastery in the Chinese tradition north of San Francisco that always needs volunteers, especially in the school and in maintenance.


Thanks Venerable - I saw their volunteers page within the past month but haven't been able to contact them just yet but will do so shortly.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby Yudron » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 pm

My house is full here in the Cal Bay area is full right now for the forseeable future, but don't hesitate to ask in the future if you find yourself needing a place to land in the future. I have two rooms I rent out to practitioners, and -- although it is a private home -- we do nice tsogs here often.

Also, if Bay Area folks want to be in my FB notification groups for tsogs, please PM me. We do Zhitro Tsogs for the benefit of bardo beings, and Dudjom Throma Nagmo tsogs at this time.
Yudron
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm
Location: Sunny California

Re: Room/couch for rent?

Postby kirtu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Yudron wrote:My house is full here in the Cal Bay area is full right now for the forseeable future, but don't hesitate to ask in the future if you find yourself needing a place to land in the future. I have two rooms I rent out to practitioners, and -- although it is a private home -- we do nice tsogs here often.

Also, if Bay Area folks want to be in my FB notification groups for tsogs, please PM me. We do Zhitro Tsogs for the benefit of bardo beings, and Dudjom Throma Nagmo tsogs at this time.


Thank-you very much!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD


Return to Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Johnny Dangerous, tlee and 9 guests

>