Canada Zen Monasteries/Centers

Christopherxx

Canada Zen Monasteries/Centers

Post by Christopherxx »

Hi there gals and guys!

I am more a figure in the dhammawheel forum as my Theravada tendencies usually get the best of me ;)

I started however when I was a young man with Zen buddhism. In particular probably a healthy mix of Rinzai and Soto.

As time has progressed I have learnt more about the subtle distinctions between Rinzai, Ōbaku, Soto, Seon, & Chan.

It has been a wonderful experience learning about the different compilations of Koans, styles of shikantaza practice, Hua Tou, and the overall diversity and richness of all the various traditions.

So it brings me to my question.

Can any of the more knowledgeable figures point me in some direction to Monasters and or Centers here within Canada that offer monastic or priestly training.

I am really only aware of Lions Gate Buddhist Priory and that is only by randomly stumbling upon their website.

Ohh and hey let's through the States in too :) But in particular I am looking for Canada!

Thanks friends

And hopefully in years to come we can really develop the ecumenical spirit and bring our traditions back together :anjali:

With much Metta :)
Christopherxx

Re: Canada Zen Monasteries/Centers

Post by Christopherxx »

Mods can this post be moved to the Zen area for a better response.

Return to “Zen”