YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

good money investment - Dhamma Wheel

good money investment

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
perkele

good money investment

Postby perkele » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello!

I don't remember aymore how I stumbled upon this internet site: http://www.mymicrocredit.org/mymicrocredit/index.php/en
The organization is based in Austria and the English translation does not seem to be complete.

However, I just wanted to share it here, because I think it is a good way of investing money for a good purpose and some people here might find it a good and easy opportunity to practice dana.

It's about giving small credits to people in the third world (I think they're all from El Salvador) who are trying to build up their existence. The money is supposed to be paid back within one year - without interest; so effectively, it is a small donation.

The payback rate is about 95% which is much higher than for normal credits. Because these people are trying to build up their existence to become independent and are working hard to achieve that goal.

So in my eyes this is a really good and easy method of practicing generosity - and you will actually see the results (that the people have made something of it when they pay back the money) and know where the money is going.

I think it is especially good for people who are forgetful and usually don't think about their future and have no clue about managing their finances:
1. You don't remember that you gave so-and-so much money one year ago. And suddenly you get it back. :jumping:
2. If you don't get it back (that may happen), you don't notice it.

I would appreciate to read what others think about this. I'd also like to hear about similar projects.

Kim OHara

Re: good money investment

Postby Kim OHara » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm

It sounds very good, Perkele. It is the same concept as Kiva - see .

:namaste:
Kim

perkele

Re: good money investment

Postby perkele » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am

Great, thanks!
Will look into that one, too.

Return to “Lounge”