To be aware

Gyalpo

To be aware

Post by Gyalpo »

Long time ago I was staying with one of my teachers. I heard very often some sound like "peep, peep", he then just touch something and after few minutes the sound was here again, and so on. I asked him "What is it?" and he replied: "This is a machine for realization". And he showed me small tea timer from his pocked. Without much of explanation I understood how it works: when the timer make a noise, you have to recolect your presence and awareness and continue in that as long, as you can.

So, recently I buy a machine for realization, very small timer which you can hide in the palm of your hand. It has also some pinze-nez from back side, so it can hold on your pocked hidden from sights of others. His sound is very gentle, not very loud. I set it up on 20 minutes and decided to come back every time from confusion to awareness. It work great, I could only recomend it for every urban yogi!

Mr. G

Re: To be aware

Post by Mr. G »

This is a great idea for tantric practice...when the alarm goes off, recollect yourself and your surroundings as the diety. :thumbsup:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
BFS

Post by BFS »

Brilliant idea, thank you! :)
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thanks for passing this on, Gyalpo! I downloaded a free 'tea timer' app for my phone and started using it today. I find that after hearing it and resetting it several times that even if I'm unable to reset it immediately for some reason, the thought of the timer pops into my head after not hearing it for a while, so if I'm distracted at that moment I'll recognize it anyway. Awesome.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Gyalpo

Post by Gyalpo »

Pema,

this is how it works also for me. It is so simple and yet so helpful!!! Emaho!

:applause:

Return to “Dzogchen”