Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

DGA
Former staff member

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by DGA »

OK...

Many years ago SSI put out a volume called Dorje Sempa Namkha Che, which was the subject of a retreat I'd attended by webcast back in March 2006. I'm trying to track this volume down, or, failing that, a different translation. Is this text the same as the Vajrasattva Namkhache that seems to be in K Dowman's book Eye of the Storm?

many thanks
Pero

Post by Pero »

Jikan wrote:OK...

Many years ago SSI put out a volume called Dorje Sempa Namkha Che, which was the subject of a retreat I'd attended by webcast back in March 2006. I'm trying to track this volume down, or, failing that, a different translation. Is this text the same as the Vajrasattva Namkhache that seems to be in K Dowman's book Eye of the Storm?

many thanks
I don't know about that particular volume, but this text was fully translated in the Supreme Sourse by Adriano Clemente and also now by Jim Valby in his Kunjed Gyalpo commmentary series of translations (in vol. 3). Dorje Sempa = Vajra Satva.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Jikan wrote:OK...

many thanks
“The Supreme Source”. It opens in the description of chapter 30 and 31 (Total Space of Vajrasattva and The Six Vajra Verses). (From the writings of Yeshe Namkhai.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Longsal Longde teaching in Tenerife - November 23-29, 2012.

Closed Webcast.

Dzogchen Longde was transmitted by Garab Dorje but the original root text is the tantra called Longchen Rabjam Gyalpoi Gyüd (The King of the Infinite Universe). Another famous text is the tantra called Namkha Tang Nyampai Gyüd (Equal to Space). These root tantras were transmitted by the master Ngöndzog Gyalpo in his nirmanakaya manifestation about 5000 years before Buddha Shakyamuni. Naturally, during Buddha Shakyamuni’s time the teaching was no longer around but only what is called the nyengyüd in tibetan, which means an oral teaching made up of only a few words.

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu - Longde Teachings - Namgyalgar, 1997

Longde is one of the Three Series of Dzogchen Teachings into which Mañjushrimitra divided the teachings of Garab Dorje. Of the three series, Longde is the intermediate one - not as abrupt and rapid as the Menngagde (Upadeshavarga), not as seemingly gradual and less rapid as the Semde.

This particular teaching is part of the Longsal series of terma or treasure teachings revealed by the Tertön or Revealer Chögyal Namkhai Norbu. It is rather rare that Longde teachings are revealed as Termas, for nearly all Terma Dzogchen Teachings belong to the Menngagde.

Elías Capriles Santi Maha Sangha Instructor.

Teaching Schedule:

- 23rd Nov. 4-6pm: Introduction about this retreat Teaching. 6,30-7pm: We do a Short Gana Puja for the day of Guru Rinpoche.
- 24th Nov. 10-12am: Dzogchen Longde teaching more general.
- 25th Nov. 10-12am: Giving a Donwang of Guru Ngondzog Gyalpo and its instruction for practicing.
- 26th Nov. 10-12am: After Longde Guru Yoga practice altogether, giving Nyamtrid of Longsal Longde instruction.
- 27th Nov. 10-12am: After Longde Guru Yoga practice, giving Nyamtrid of Longsal Longde instruction continue and do practice of 4 Das altogether.
- 28th Nov. 10-12am: After Longde Guru Yoga practice altogether, giving Nyamtrid of Longsal Longde instruction till the end. 4-7pm: We do Medium Gana Puja for the Fool Moon and the end of this retreat.
- 29th Nov. 10-12am: Giving some advices for the daily life practices and tridlungs of collective practices and so on. We also do an Ati Guru Yoga altogether for finishing our retreat.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

:heart:
Attachments
Rinpoche Summer 2012
Rinpoche Summer 2012
P7300025a.jpg (431.46 KiB) Viewed 7761 times
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Would someone please explain what this Naggon practice is?
Thanks

Dear Vajra Family,

On request of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, we announce a 24 hours Naggon starting on Tuesday, November 20th at 17:00, at Grand Hotel Callao, Callao Salvaje,Tenerife GMT+0.
There will be no webcast.
We'd like to have the participation of all gars and lings taking shifts to support this practice.
Please write to [email protected] if your gar/ling can participate of a two hours shift (for example, 17-19hs, 19-21hs and so on..).
It's only an idea, so everyone supports the practice.
Of course we're glad to have practitioners all over the world participating the whole time!

Warm regards,

The Spanish Dzogchen Community
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Its a guardian/protector practice to avert/eliminate negative provocations. You'll find it in the tun book in the long tun and ganapuja.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Thank you. :namaste:
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Lhasa wrote:Would someone please explain what this Naggon practice is?
Thanks
Naggon is included in the Medium Tun, the Long Tun and Ganapuja. You can practice any of them and repeat only Naggon for many times.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

is anyone familiar with the book Rigbai Kujyug, on the Six Vajra Verses? I noticed some used copies are being sold online
arsent

Post by arsent »

During today's webcast Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche mentioned about recent rainbow body realization this or last year. He told about this only a few words that it was attracted american scientists to go to see it, but he don't know any more details .. Does anybody have heard anything about this? Any web press or blogs or forums posts links would be very interesting!
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

http://sgforums.com/forums/1728/topics/438962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lama Achuk Rinpoche
arsent

Post by arsent »

deepbluehum wrote:http://sgforums.com/forums/1728/topics/438962

Lama Achuk Rinpoche
Thank you deepbluehum! Very inspirational article and amazing rainbow pictures!
:bow:
florin

Post by florin »

I have a question about a certain custom in Dc.I have noticed that lots of male students of Rinpoche and Rinpoche himself have long hair.
Can someone say what is the significance behind that?
This is an aspect which is never talked about or explained and i wonder if is just a mimetic kind of behaviour or is there a tradition with its rules and commitments?

When i say mimetic i dont mean this in a kind of derogatory way.As we can see in lots of sanghas the students quite often adopt styles of behaviour and dress which can be directly linked to the way the leader ,teacher of that sangha behaves and dresses.
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Theres very few men that I know in the DC over here that have long hair. Some of these people your seeing may of taken a hair empowerment from some other teacher ala Troma Ngakmo which requires your hair not to be cut. I haven't know Rinpoche to give such though. Maybe they just like long hair.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

alpha wrote:I have a question about a certain custom in Dc.I have noticed that lots of male students of Rinpoche and Rinpoche himself have long hair.
Can someone say what is the significance behind that?
This is an aspect which is never talked about or explained and i wonder if is just a mimetic kind of behaviour or is there a tradition with its rules and commitments?

When i say mimetic i dont mean this in a kind of derogatory way.As we can see in lots of sanghas the students quite often adopt styles of behaviour and dress which can be directly linked to the way the leader ,teacher of that sangha behaves and dresses.
Long hair usually indicates ngakpa vow not to cut hair. In DC no one takes a vow. Perhaps Rinpoche did in Tibet from his master, I'm not sure. It seems to have become a DC style.
heart

Post by heart »

simhanada wrote:Theres very few men that I know in the DC over here that have long hair. Some of these people your seeing may of taken a hair empowerment from some other teacher ala Troma Ngakmo which requires your hair not to be cut. I haven't know Rinpoche to give such though. Maybe they just like long hair.
Probably just Malcolm that actually taken that particular empowerment. I like long hair, had it since I was a teenager. These days it is also a part of my special samaya with my Guru (not related to Troma). I don't really know so many in the DC so I can't answer for them but it seems quite normal in many Nyingma sangha's.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

simhanada wrote:Theres very few men that I know in the DC over here that have long hair. Some of these people your seeing may of taken a hair empowerment from some other teacher ala Troma Ngakmo which requires your hair not to be cut. I haven't know Rinpoche to give such though. Maybe they just like long hair.

I agree with simhanada.
There is no such vow or obligation in DC.
It depends on the people. Some men have long hair, some have short hair, and some others have shaved scalps. :smile:
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Four Zer.

It was a little difficult to follow the positions Rinpoche described in the Longde retreat. He mentioned Fabio would demonstrate, but that did not get webcast.

The books are a bit pricey. Does anyone know if there is a photo of the four zer someone can PM me? Pls?

Thank you.

DBH
florin

Post by florin »

deepbluehum wrote:Four Zer.

It was a little difficult to follow the positions Rinpoche described in the Longde retreat. He mentioned Fabio would demonstrate, but that did not get webcast.

The books are a bit pricey. Does anyone know if there is a photo of the four zer someone can PM me? Pls?

Thank you.

DBH
Check PM

Return to “Dzogchen”